The British Mountaineering Council have announced the launch of a new, updated RAD (Regional Access Database) mobile application. This latest version is free to download and works across iOS and Android devices.
The RAD provides information on access agreements, bird nesting restrictions and land ownership changes. The website format was updated last year. Features of the new iOS and Android app include:
- Over 2,800 crags featured in England and Wales.
- 'Navigate to' buttons for parking and the crag
- Three different search options, by name, area and map
- Weather info for each crag
- Tidal info for all coastal crags
- Easily save crags as favourites
- Add comments about your crag experience
- Links to relevant files and downloads available when a data connection is available
As with the previous versions, the app will work offline based on cached information downloaded the last time it had a data connection.