Main Prize: Mark Baron
Facebook: Graham Calderbank
1. Bowfell Buttress
2. Steep ghyll
3. Point Five
4. Sgurr nan Gillean (Skye Ridge)
Do you know your winter climbing?
Here's your chance to win some Grivel Speedy ice screws if you reckon you do.
And just by entering you get 20% of any order of Grivel Speedy ice screws from Ambleside's Epicentre.
Everyone's a winner
THE GRIVEL SPEEDY
The Grivel Speedy is a quickdraw-ice screw combo specifically designed to simplify manoeuvres of placement and removal safely without losing the screw. It consists of a shackel rotating freely on the screw tube, a sling in highly resistant Dyneema and a carabiner. There's a weight reduction of 15% compared to the traditional screw plus quickdraw and double carabiner.
With a Speedy the climber can set up a self belay by attaching the rope after only a few turns of the screw and then finish screwing in safely. As the carabiner hangs perpendicular to the ice it's easy to thread the rope with the carabiner facing in the right direction.
- The generously sized carabiner makes it easy to use with winter gloves.
- The point of force is right up against the ice and follows the screw's length.
- The ridge on the tube keeps Speedy in the right position avoiding whiplash in case of an abrupt jerk and stops the quickdraw slipping down the tube during placement.
- Speedy lets the climber remove the screw without unthreading the rope so it's impossible to lose the screw, as once out of the ice it will be attached to the harness.
The come in three screw sizes: 10cm, 20cm and 30cm
What you have to do
Head over to the Epicentre's website and see if you can identify the four winter routes featured in the four photographs.
If you get them correct, you will be put in a draw and one lucky correct entrant will win: 3 Grivel Speedy Screws; one of each size.
There's a bonus comp as well: “Like” the Epicentre on Facebook to get a second chance to win one of these amazing Ice Screws.
And as we said above: Just by entering you get 20% of any order of Grivel Speedy ice screws from Ambleside's Epicentre.
HAVE A LOOK AT THE PHOTOGRAPHS BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK: www.theepicentre.co.uk
Entries accepted up until midnight on Thursday 21st January. Winners announced at UKC on Friday 21st January.