City Bouldering is opening up in Westfields Shepherds Bush and looking for a dynamic and passionate leader to join. The site is located in the outside area of Westfields next to Puttshack and John Lewis, it will feature a bouldering wall, an escape room, auto belay, cafe and retail shop. We are scheduled to be opening up the centre on the 1st April. We are looking for someone to starting immediately who will work to open the centre and support at our Aldgate site.
Open every day from morning until late evening, managing our centres requires an energetic and self-motivated person, able to motivate a team and ensure our customers have a fantastic experience during every visit leaving them looking forward to their next.
Our Centre Manager will be responsible for creating an atmosphere where customers can have fun, relax, meet new friends and old, and improve their fitness in an inclusive climbing environment, underpinned by the highest standards of safety, customer service and positive team engagement. Ideally you have experience within a climbing environment or centre, we are also willing to train the right person with transferable skills if you have the right attitude and leadership skills.
Responsibilities of the Role.
- Reporting directly, working closely with the CEO you will be responsible for all elements of running the day to day of the centre. You will be responsible for overseeing, marketing, new customer acquisition and reaching out the the local community.
- Managing staff, leading inductions, training, coaching, ensuring all relevant procedures are followed and maintained.
- Experience of managing a centre/large team
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects on the go
- Excellent verbal, written and organisational skills.
- Be a confident team leader with a proven track record.
- Ability to use your own initiative and solve problems.
- Passionaite about climbing
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Be driven towards personal development and motivated to help others
- Experience of route setting or managing a route setting schedule.
- Experience of performing PPE inspections and ideally using Papertrail.
- Experience of delivering NICAS or NIBAS sessions.
- Experience of training instructors.
Our offer to the Manager:
- Highly competitive salary (30-35K) depending on experience
- Being part of something very exciting from the very start!
- Funded training and qualifications to achieve success
- Fun and supportive working environment
- Industry standard holidays and pension contributions
- Free climbing (of course!)
Hours and Location.
We operate a flexible agreement, The position will be full time 40 hours per week and include some daytime, evening, weekend and Bank Holiday work. It will be based at Westfields White City, W12 7GF. You may also be required to work from time to time at City Bouldering, 33 Aldgate High Street, London, EC3N 1AH
How to Apply.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com by close of business on 30th January 2022. We’ll be holding interviews the following week with the successful candidate ideally joining the team asap. We also reserve the right to close the job application early if we find the right candidate before the close date, so please apply right away.