Dates: From August/September 2014
Salary: £30,000 per annum rising to £35 000 per annum negotiable, with a bonus to be determined
Location: Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex
Contract type: Full-time, flexible working
Contract term: Permanent
Situated on the west bank of the River Adur, AOAC was built in 1973 by West Sussex County Council as a facility for social, cultural and water-based activities for young people in Shoreham-by-Sea and the surrounding area. AOAC is now a charitable trust, having evolved over the years, and we are continuing to increase the range of activities we offer to the public. The Centre currently boasts a newly refurbished 10 metre indoor climbing wall, archery range, low ropes area and an 18-bed residential area. Benefiting from its idyllic position on the banks of the River Adur, the Centre also delivers a comprehensive paddle sport programme, including kayaking, canoeing and, more recently, stand-up paddle boarding.
The Trustees are seeking a confident, dedicated and supportive Centre Manager who:
• has the VISION to see the scope of opportunity in the growth of our Centre
• can ENABLE both users and staff to unlock their full potential through adventure
• is prepared to INVOLVE him/herself in our friendly, welcoming community by building and encouraging AOAC’s leading role in local initiatives and enhancing collaborative working.
We can offer in return:
• a welcoming, vibrant and dynamic Centre with a strong inclusive ethos
• enthusiastic customers who are positive about raising their game
• dedicated and highly motivated staff and instructors, passionate about their work
• an ambitious and supportive Board of Trustees.
To receive our full application pack, including job description, person specification and application form, please call John Haffenden on 07852 72872, access and download the pack from our website http://aoac.org.uk or email email@example.com Informal visits to AOAC are warmly welcomed. Again, please contact John Haffenden on 07852 728728 to arrange a mutually convenient time to visit.
Closing date: 29th August 2014
Interview dates: TBA
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You must be willing to undergo an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
“TO INSPIRE AND UNLOCK POTENTIAL THROUGH ADVENTURE”