Customer Service and Warranty Administrator
Join a company that's going places
Ultralight Outdoor Gear is a growing retailer of outdoor clothing and equipment for backpacking, trekking, adventure racing and adventure travel based on Teesside. The company evolved out of a passion for backpacking and a love of the outdoors with the idea to bring the best lightweight kit together under one virtual 'roof'.
We are currently recruiting a Customer Service and Warranty Administrator to join our growing team based in the North East of England. There is a dual focus split between the customer service and business administration elements of the organisation. The post holder will be part of the Customer Service, Showroom and Administration Team, contributing to the day to day working and efficiency of the department.
The customer service element of the role requires the post holder to be the first point of contact for customers via telephone and email. The warranty part of the role involves processing claims, playing a key role in the relationship between the company, customers and suppliers and manufacturers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Resolving customer issues
· Help customers with product choice via phone calls and email.
· Assist customers in our showroom with product choice and queries.
· Answering general enquiries such as stock, sizing, price, availability etc.
· Processing warranty claims
· Liaising with suppliers regarding warranty issues and status of claims
· Liaising with the Customer Service Team Manager and Team Leader in order to contribute to the efficiency of the Customer Service Department
· The post holder may also be required to work in other departments from time to time.
· Articulate with excellent written and oral skill
· Strong problem-solving skills
· IT literate including good knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
· Willingness to learn
· Extremely organised with a high attention to detail
· Patience and an empathy with customer's needs
· Experience of working within a team environment
· Good knowledge of outdoor clothing and equipment and their technologies and passion for the outdoors and the outdoors industry.
· Experience within a mail order business
· Working within a customer service team
· Familiar with accounting processes within a business environment
Reporting to: Customer Service Manager and Customer Service Team Leader
Liaises with: Customer Service Team / Warehouse Team
Permanent: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £21,945 per year
Location: Wynyard, Billingham
Working Pattern: Tuesday – Saturday / One in five Sunday rota (additional days off in that week)
Working Hours: Tuesday – Friday: 8.30am – 5pm, Saturday: 8am – 4pm
1. The duties and responsibilities outlined above are to be regarded as broad areas of responsibility and do not detail all tasks which the post holder may be required to perform
2. The job description may be subject to change in the light of experience and circumstance after discussion with the post holder.
3. The role will include weekend work
We are based on Teesside in the North East of England and are passionate about the outdoors. If you are too, you may be interested to know that we:
· Have a generous staff discount scheme
· 22 days holiday per year, increasing to 25 days with each year of service
· Allow extra time off and part fund relevant backpacking adventures
· Have a fully funded annual backpacking trip to Scotland or the Lake District
· Enjoy a relaxed working environment with a casual dress code
Reference ID: Customer Service and Warranty Administrator
Application deadline: 31/01/2022
Please send your application with covering letter / email and CV to email@example.com