AMBLESIDE CLIMBING WALL
Deputy Climbing Wall Manager (£16,000-£17,000)
We are looking for a suitable individual to share the responsibility for the management of the Ambleside Climbing Wall.
- Deputise for the Manager of the Climbing Wall
- Health & Safety
- Wall Activities and Sessions
- Route Setting
The following attributes are considered essential for this post:
- Genuine interest in climbing
- Good understanding of health & safety issues affecting climbing walls
- Good understanding of the way modern climbing walls operate
- Route setting experience
- Ability to manage and inspire a team
- Willingness to work a flexible week (including weekende and evening work)
- Computer literacy
- Marketing skills
Other duties depending on the strengths of the candidate:
In addition, there may be the opportunity to become involved in the wider aspects of Adventure Peaks:
Expedition Leadership: Opportunities to become involved in this aspect of our provision may be possible depending on previous experience and qualifications. The amount of time spent on this aspect of the job can be flexible to meet your personal commitments or ambitions!
Instructional Work: You should have appropriate qualifications to instruct a number of our courses; the actual amount of instructing is flexible. We will be developing a broader spectrum of courses within the Lake District and further afield.
Shop Duties: At times you may be required to work in our retail shop giving advice on and assisting with the sale of climbing and outdoor equipment to clients and members of the public.
To Apply: Please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the position, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5:30pm on Tuesday 20th February 2018