Join the Management Team at Blochaus Climbing, Manchester
We are looking for someone to help run the centre, deliver instructed classes and more…
Blochaus Climbing is an independent wall with a real community feel, striving to provide a welcoming environment to all those who walk through our door, be they first time climbers or seasoned pros. We pride ourselves on our quality setting in an enjoyable environment with excellent customer service and we are always pushing to do better.
Duty Manager Position:
You will be required to oversee the safe and efficient day-to-day running of the centre. You will be a focal point for customers and staff on matters relating to the normal operation of the centre, ensuring that regular jobs are performed in accordance with expected quality standards and supporting other staff with advice and assistance as required.
In addition, you will also lead a variety instructed classes and coaching sessions for kids and adults and also be capable of staffing the front desk/café area.
As we are a small team, we are all required to pitch in and help with the ‘fun’ jobs as well as the ‘not so fun’ jobs, so you will need to be a team player who enjoys variety to their workday and doesn’t mind some graft from time to time!
- Experience working within a climbing centre, preferably in a supervisory role.
- Excellent customer facing skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Relevant instructing/coaching qualifications and experience of leading sessions.
- The ability a work evenings and weekends on a varied shift pattern.
- Full-time and part-time options available
- Previous experience of Rock Gym Pro software.
We are especially keen to hear from people with any level of expertise in the following areas…
- Digital marketing.
- Graphic design, photography and videography.
- Café/restaurant experience.
- Advanced coaching, personal trainer, Yoga or similar qualifications with experience of leading sessions.
- Or any other useful skills you may have to offer!
- Pay will be between £11.50 and £12.50 per hour depending on the successful candidate’s ability, qualifications and experience.
- 28 days holiday per year. Or part time equivalent.
- Free climbing in the Centre.
- Discounts on climbing gear.
- Discounts on the café.
- Training and career development opportunities.
Team Member Position:
If you don’t think you are ready for a management role just yet, but tick most of the above requirements we would still be keen to hear from you as you may be suitable for a ‘Team Member’ position.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have sent us a speculative application in the past feel free to re-send you details.
All of the staff here at Blochaus Climbing have very individual skill sets and each brings something different to the team, so if you have something unique to offer but maybe don’t have all the requirements of the advertised role, please send us your CV anyway.