Duty Manager at Indirock
As a duty manager with Indirock you'll never see a dull moment. Overseeing the day to day running of our facility, you'll be customer-focused, commercially minded and full of ideas to evolve Indirock whilst managing our friendly, passionate team.
Ideally you already have experience working in a climbing or bouldering wall, but that is not essential. We are more interested to hear from people who are great managers, motivators and have the ability to turn ideas into action.
You will be confident in leading a team and ensuring all tasks are done, with a focus on making Indirock the best venue it can be for our customers. You'll be self-motivated, confident and methodical when dealing with issues as they arise, delegating wherever appropriate.
- Ensuring a welcoming, un-intimidating atmosphere is created at Indirock, encouraging climbers of all abilities to feel part of the community
- Running reception and checking customers in
- Being proactive in providing help and support and prompt in replying to customer email, social media or phone queries
- Logging any customer complaints and doing something about them
- Managing sales from our shop
- Taking group bookings
- Getting stuck in and spending large amounts of your time customer facing
- Effective stock management and oversight of profit margins
- Key holding, including opening and closing the premises
- Climbing instruction for group bookings (training provided)
- Giving inductions to new customers
- Walking the venue and keeping an eye on customer safety
- Bringing new ideas to the Operations Manager and/or CEO for how Indirock can improve
- Supporting our Head Routesetter in stripping, cleaning and maintaining our climbing holds
- Holding 1:1s with team members and actively promoting continuous improvement of staff, working with their own ambitions where possible
- Demonstrating transparency, openness and respect in dealing with staff and members of the public
- Ensuring customers have a great experience at Indirock
- Promoting Indirock to new audiences through social media and other channels
- Following all healthy and safety, environmental and other procedures as laid out by the Company
You may from time to time be required to carry out such additional or alternative tasks as the Company may require.
- passionate about creating opportunities for people to come together, building a community at Indirock
- entrepreneurial in the way you approach your work
- calm, able to prioritise your workload and be self-sufficient
- able to build strong relationships with existing customers and first-time climbers alike, to keep our customers passionate about Indirock
- a good listener
- excellent at time management
- someone who loves creating a great work culture with plenty of fun
Experience and qualifications
- Experience managing a team
- Familiar and confident on computers, spreadsheets and CRM software
Nice to have:
- Climbing Wall Award or site-specific bouldering wall training
- Up to date experience of safeguarding processes and procedures for children and adults at risk
- Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check to work with children & vulnerable adults
- First Aider qualification
- Free climbing and access to our courses and workshops at any time while working with us
- 25% discount in our climbing shop
- 15% discount in our coffee shop
- A flexible work week
- Management training and climbing coaching qualifications
- Company sick pay
- Company pension contributions
Hours and pay:
This role is for 35 hours/week on a starting salary of £12/hour (plus National Insurance and pension contributions). There is the option to work overtime.
The hours in this role are flexible but will involve weekend and evening work.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short covering letter, video or voice-note giving your answer to the following:
"Why are you excited to take on the challenge of becoming duty manager at Indirock?"
Application deadline: 1pm on Friday 31st March 2023