Creation Climbing Centre & Skatepark is the Midland's biggest indoor extreme sports facility. We have a small, close-knit team of dedicated and passionate staff. We pride ourselves in having a positive and supportive working environment where everyone feels at home whether on shift or out socialising together.
So! We are looking for someone with a similar mindset to join our existing management team. An individual with drive and ambition to move our centre forward in the coming years as we expand the centre to cater to a growing audience.
The position is full time (35 hours per week after breaks), working mornings, evenings and weekend shifts on a rotational basis. The rate of pay is £13.50 per hour, subject to review in April 2023.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous management experience with a track record for managing and motivating people. You should have a flexible approach to work and possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Opening and closing of the facility
- Smooth running of the centre
- Staff management, offering support where needed
- Training and inducting new staff
- Working at height, route-setting and rescue training
- Liaising with our technical advisor
- Evolving centre policy paperwork
- Helping to organise specail events and competitions
- Delivery of instructed sessions
- Carrying out essential safety checks and oversight of PPE checks for the climbing centre and skatepark
- Ensuring health and safety is at the firefront of all that we do
- Point of contact and delivery of external abseil events
- General maintenance throughout the facility
Training will be provided on the above where necessary.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a CWDI+abseil module, RCI preferred and ideally coaching qualifications
- Have an in-date first aid certificate and enchanced DBS
- Have previous management experience, all levels considered
- Be exceptionally reliable and punctual
- Have excellent communication, time maangement and organisational skills
- Have initiative, a methoical mindset and flexible approach to working
- Be a team leader and team player
- Previous cash handling experience
- Computer literacy skills
To apply for this position, or for any further information, please send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: 20th February