We’re looking for a passionate and motivated individual to take the reins of our flagship centre in Brixton, South London.
The sense of community we have found in Brixton has been incredible and a major part of the role will focus on building on this already fantastic relationship with our loyal following.
Substation is far from just a climbing wall; we are a holistic lifestyle facility. In Substation you’ll find:
- state-of-the-art fitness and yoga studio
- treatment room
- class leading bouldering wall
- strength and conditioning, and cardio gym
- café serving freshly prepared food and drinks
- workspace with super-fast Wi-Fi
very soon we will be opening our brand-new dedicated kids area, The Wild, focusing on “the great indoors”
In fact, at Substation, you can work from the café, see an osteopath/physio, do a fitness class and go bouldering all in one day, hence that varied aspect of the role.
The role and responsibilities
- Overseeing the daily operations of the bouldering wall, including staffing, customer service, and facility maintenance.
- Creating and maintaining an efficient rota
- Developing retail targets and ensuring they are met
- Upkeeping excellent customer relations and service
- Responding to customer inquiries and resolve any customer service issues
- Maintaining a strong and enthusiastic spirit within the team
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the bouldering wall, including enforcing safety rules and managing maintenance and repairs of equipment and facilities
- Fostering positive relationships with local climbing organizations, suppliers, and businesses.
- Building on existing community relationships
- Working in unison with marketing team
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- “Can do” attitude
- Management experience in a leisure and/or hospitality environment
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Good I.T literacy (excel/word/google etc.)
- A passion for promoting positive lifestyle choices within a community
- Keen eye for detail
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Private Healthcare Package for all full-time employees
- All staff receive at least the London living wage
- Huge emphasis on staff wellbeing and progression
- Warm and welcoming environment
- 29 days annual leave, increasing by one day for every year worked (up to a max of 5)
- Scope to specialise in areas of personal expertise
The job is full-time (40 hours per week) with a salary of £40k - £50k, depending on experience.
If this sounds interesting, please send your cv to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 26th September
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000