This is a full time position based in Glasgow. It will be a senior role within The Climbing Academy and you will be expected to take the day to day lead on all aspects of route setting.
The role will be based across both Glasgow centres; The Newsroom and The Prop Store closely supporting the Setting + Maintenance Manager. The right candidate will assist in managing the setting team allowing for regular rotation of routes. You will also provide support in the successful running of events. You will ensure that all staff adhere to the TCA Setting Policies and that work is completed to the highest possible standard. You will continually act as an ambassador for the company providing a good example for junior setters. This position will be expected to routeset within the centres for up to 3 days per week. This is likely to average out as setting 1 day a week per centre across the 2 sites and one day for setting related admin and any remaining time will be used to assist the Setting + Maintenance Manager developing a high quality reliable setting team. You will also be required to be a competent Duty Manager and be able to work on reception as part of the counter team when needed.
- Hours: Full-time (160 hours per rota)
- Pay: £26,000 to £29,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Training: We will encourage and facilitate your development as a setter through off the job training and development
- Holiday: 28 days per year
- Benefits: Pension of 3% of salary, discounts on shop and cafe products, free climbing at all our centres
- Reports to: Setting + Maintenance Manager
- Start date: August 2023
Application deadline: Sun 2 July
Salary: £26,000 to £29,000 per annum (dependent on experience)