Lead Coach / Duty Manager at Indirock, Essex
Indirock is recruiting possibly the most dynamic and exciting position in their team – Lead Coach & Duty Manager.
Overseeing our course calendar and strategy, you'll be customer-focused, commercially minded and full of ideas to evolve Indirock with the help of our friendly, passionate team.
Ideally you already have experience working in a climbing or bouldering wall, but that is not essential. We are more interested to hear from people who are great coaches, motivators and have the ability to turn ideas into action.
You will be confident in leading a team and ensuring all tasks are done, with a focus on making Indirock the best venue it can be for our customers. You'll be self-motivated, confident and able to take the lead in selling the course calendar that you design.
- Ensuring a welcoming, un-intimidating atmosphere is created at Indirock, encouraging climbers of all abilities to feel part of the community
- Overseeing Indirock's course calendar and coaching strategy
- Designing and delivering climbing courses, 1:1 coaching, workshops and birthday parties
- Giving inductions to new customers
- Feeding into Indirock's marketing and social media strategy
- Booking additional trainers where necessary
- Walking the venue and keeping an eye on customer safety
- Ensuring customers have a great experience at Indirock
- Logging any feedback or complaints and working with the Duty/Operations Manager to respond
- Bringing new ideas to the CEO and/or Operations Manager for how Indirock can improve
- Completing any opening or closing tasks when on duty
- Keeping the venue clean and tidy at all times
- Supporting our Head Routesetter in stripping, cleaning and maintaining our climbing holds
- Holding 1:1s with team members and actively promoting continuous improvement of staff, working with their own ambitions where possible
- Demonstrating transparency, openness and respect in dealing with staff and members of the public
- Promoting Indirock to new audiences through social media and other channels
- Following all healthy and safety, environmental and other procedures as laid out by the Company
- You may from time to time be required to carry out such additional or alternative tasks as the Company may require and to comply with the policies and lawful directions of the Company.
- passionate about creating opportunities for people to come together, building a community at Indirock
- entrepreneurial in the way you approach your work
- calm, able to prioritise your workload and be self-sufficient
- able to build strong relationships with existing customers and first-time climbers alike, to keep our customers passionate about Indirock
- a good listener
- excellent at time keeping
- someone who loves helping people progress in their climbing
Experience and qualifications:
- Experience managing a team
- Familiar and confident on computers, spreadsheets and CRM software
Nice to have:
- Climbing Wall Award or site-specific training
- Up to date experience of safeguarding processes and procedures for children and adults at risk
- Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check to work with children & vulnerable adults
- First Aider qualification
- Free climbing and access to our courses and workshops at any time while working with us
- 25% discount in our climbing shop
- 15% discount in our coffee shop
- A flexible work week
- Management training and climbing coaching qualifications
- Company sick pay
- Company pension contributions
Hours and pay:
This role is for 35 hours/week on a salary of £12-14/hour (plus National Insurance and pension contributions). There is the option to work overtime and apply for salary reviews throughout the year.
The hours in this role are flexible but will involve weekend and evening work.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short covering letter, video or voice-note giving your answer to the following:
"What new ideas would you like to bring to life at Indirock through this role?"
Application deadline: 5pm on Tuesday 26th September 2023
Salary: £12-14/hour dependent on experience