We are positioned at the technical end of the outdoor market, distributing a wide spectrum of well known and trusted brands. These Brands include Petzl, Beal, Ortlieb, Julbo, La Sportiva, Exped and Jetboil. Our marketing, sales and distribution network is rated highly by our customers. We are ISO9001 2008 Quality accredited, certifi ed to ISO 14001 2004 environmental management system and have achieved Investors in People certifi cation.
We are seeking to appoint a full time Internet Marketing Specialist in our busy sales and marketing office currently based in Dent. Applications are invited from individuals with excellent communication, organisational and internet skills, and the right personality and motivation to fit into our team. The successful candidate will have an active interest in outdoor activities and/or work at height and preferably have a good all round knowledge of our product ranges.
There will be a six month probationary period.
The Sales & Marketing Director
The Sales & Marketing team
In liaison with:
Customers and all other Lyon departments
The Job will involve:
- Developing and maintaining the presence of our business on the WWW in order to provide a web presence which is second to none in our market;
- Search engine optimisation;
- Promoting our business through use of social networking sites and forums;
- Creating a technical resource for our customers both internally and externally;
- Creating graphic design elements for use within individual Web pages and the overall web site navigation; Updating and synchronising hosted web site files;
- Analysis of server log fi les and reports;
- Coordinating production of new web content, ensuring that posting s are completed within deadlines;
- Creating and copy editing of text;
- Developing new web related technical skills;
- Managing both daily tasks and larger projects.
The Person we seek should meet the following criteria:
- Have a working knowledge of CMS systems, HTML and browser compatibility,
- Photoshop and Web related graphics software such as Fireworks;
- Have a marketing qualification and/or marketing experience
- Be numerate and a clear and concise, written, oral and visual communicator
- Be organised and articulate;
- Be positive, self motivated and also happy to work as a team member;
- Be willing to undertake personal training and development;
- Be capable of undertaking the demands of the job as described and developing the role as future technologies evolve;
- Have an interest in outdoor activities or working at height;
- Preferably have knowledge of our brands;
The Benefits include:
- Remuneration package (salary and Pension) - likely to be in the range of £20,000 to £30,000 dependent on skills and/or experience
- 28 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays
APPLICATION FORM AT: www.lyon-outdoor.co.uk/job-vacancies
Please return your completed application (you may also include a C.V should you
Sales & Marketing Director
Lyon Equipment Limited
Rise Hill Mill
Closing date for applications 30th October 2009.