Merrell are looking for a full-time Tech Rep to cover store training across the South of England. The role brings with it a great deal of freedom, built to fit around you and your adventurous lifestyle - this will be what you make of it! You should be ambitious in creating consumer and staff connections and confident talking to groups of like-minded individuals since the principal requirement of the role is training store staff about the Merrell brand and the benefits of our footwear range. This role is perfect for anyone looking to expand their CV by gaining invaluable insider knowledge of the outdoor industry and the impact of direct brand marketing. Merrell is more than an outdoor footwear brand, it’s a lifestyle and being a part of Merrell means exploration, challenge and finding your own path with support from the senior Tech Trainer. Our new recruit will be an experience seeker, an explorer whose sentiment and attitude matches those of the Merrell brand, championing diversity and inclusivity in outdoor pursuits as well as in-store.
Regions covered: Midlands South, with particular focus on East Anglia, Kent, London, Home Counties and Oxfordshire. You will cover the South West and South Wales territories as required.
- To visit a designated list of stores within an agreed time scale whilst working towards individual KPI's during each call.
- To train and engage store staff on features, benefits, and technologies across key product franchises, ensuring they can actively recommend the brand to consumers in their outlet.
- Conduct and feedback valuable research on key competitors and evaluate market trends.
- Visual Merchandising- ensure brand looks great in each and every store you visit, implementing POS to enhance brand presence desirability.
- Present market feedback & update on training at regional sales and marketing meetings.
- Undertake and complete data compilation (eg: sell through, pricing, competitive set) in line with company seasonal objectives.
- Listen to and understand store requirements and initiatives to increase opportunities to drive sales, knowledge levels, advocacy, and retail execution.
- To use supplied equipment on a daily and weekly basis to compile accurate and timely reports as required by the business.
- Communicate with the relevant Sales Account Managers to ensure they know what is happening within your region with respect to, point-of-sale compliance, sales, footfall, successes, or any issues requiring attention.
- Demonstrate flexibility to plan retailer visits or support brand backed events based on business needs to ensure your time is allocated in the most effective way.
- Perform other duties as required from the Merrell sales and marketing team.
- Some weekend work required (Avg 3-6 days PA).
Desirable to have previous experience in a retail or training environment type role.
You possess strong and confident presentation skills with the ability to influence others through building long-standing relationships.
You will possess basic IT skills, particularly in Excel with the ability to analyse data relevant for the role such as identifying top-selling products.
You have strong collaboration skills, working well within a team but with the autonomy to work on your own.
You have good written & verbal communication skills and are comfortable presenting in front of groups both internally and externally.
You have strong planning, organisational and prioritisation skills.
You have a passion for the outdoors and have a keen interest in brands and products related to this sector.
You must live within the region and with good access to the whole territory.
The Perks. There are lots of great benefits to being a Tech Rep with us:
- Flexible working, you manage your own diary and travel schedule
- Staff uniform and personal free shoe allowance
- Friends and family discounts
- Laptop, Phone and iPad provided
- Global brand name to put on your CV
- Supporting charitable causes like Mind UK
- Opportunity to visit great locations and participate in outdoor adventures around the UK
- Grow your network with like-minded people
- Invaluable marketing experience
Must have full, clean driving license and own transport (mileage claimed backed at set pence per mile to cover running costs)