Location: Chippenham (but may be required to work at our Bristol sites).
We are hiring an Operations Manager for our brand new purpose-built centre in Chippenham. If you are looking for a job in the climbing sector, this is an amazing opportunity to work for The Climbing Academy Group Ltd, running the operations at the Arc, our new Chippenham centre.
Maybe you'll already have some experience of running a climbing centre and want more of a challenge. Maybe you've limited climbing experience but run a leisure operation or a chain of cafes and really want to get into the climbing industry? If you've never worked in the climbing industry but think you have what it takes we'd love to hear from you. Whatever your background, if you think you stack up against our job description and criteria then get your application in as we're excited to talk to you.
Chippenham is a great place to live and an easy commute from Bristol, Bath, Swindon or the surrounding area. If you're not already based nearby, we'll help you move.
Please visit our website to read the full job description (and additional info).
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Operate and promote a TCA facility in a safe and profitable manner.
- Oversee all facility budgets, customer service and the TCA H&S Policy and Procedures. Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are up to date, filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Provide clear and direct leadership at the facility by managing a team of staff encouraging high performance and morale.
- Work closely with the Regional Operations Manager to develop, implement and review Operational Policies and Procedures across the business.
- Work closely with the Instructor Manager to develop and deliver safe and profitable instructed/coached sessions.
- Support the Cafe Manager to create a profitable cafe offering an enticing menu and great atmosphere for customers to enjoy.
- Work regular reception shifts to ensure smooth opening of the facility.
- Ensure TCA is well promoted and marketed back up by excellent customer communications and service.
- Organise and run regular events at TCA facilities that keep developing a community hub.
- Advertise, recruit and manage staff in accordance with current legislation and the needs of the business. Work collaboratively with the Operations Managers (Staff & Customer Service) based in Bristol
- The post holder is expected to undertake any other reasonable duties within their capabilities and the scope of the post as specified by the Regional Operations Manager.
- Strong managerial experience, in the leisure/sporting industry
- 3+ years working in the leisure/sporting industry
- Experience of managing a budget
- Experienced user of a Point of Sale system, Sheets, Docs
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Good problem-solving skills and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment adhering to deadlines
- Climbing experience, CWI instructor training/qualification with experience of NIBAS/NICAS/GCSE courses
- 2-day first aid course
- Experience of using Rock Gym Pro
- Experience of Climbing Wall Maintenance and/or Route Setting ideally with RSA2
- Experience of working in a cafe and/or outdoor retail
- Leadership and/or management training
Salary: £27-31K depending on experience, plus bonus and benefits.