Lyon Work and Rescue is a leading supplier and manufacturer of specialist access, positioning and protection equipment for working at height and technical rescue.
Lyon has a strong, long established client base in a number of market sectors including construction, oil and gas, renewable energy, utilities, Government agencies and the emergency services.
Lyon also provides a comprehensive range of training and certification for working at height. We have been an active participant in the Industrial Rope Access Trade Association since its inception, developing safe working techniques and supplying the best equipment in the business.
Our sales extend from individual components through to complete work system solutions; with supply managed via the retail trade and direct to specialist end users. We have a team of work at height and technical rescue specialists who respond to enquiries from existing and prospective clients.
We are seeking to appoint an additional Technical Sales Representative to work within our expanding team in the following professional work at height sectors:
- Rope Access
- Wind Energy and Renewables
Applications are invited from individuals with experience of selling, preferably into one or more of these sectors, who are looking for a challenging role with a more practical, hands-on technical approach.
The Job will involve:
- Supporting the existing Work and Rescue team in achieving and exceeding sales objectives, and optimising revenue
- Servicing and developing existing and new account business in line with an evolving and dynamic department strategy
- Direct administration of selected Work and Rescue accounts
- Communicating and liaising regularly with the Work and Rescue, Manufacturing and Training teams
- Building and maintaining customer relationships through face to face, telephone and email contact
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of current product, techniques and usage of both our ranges and those of our competitors
- Providing practically based customer technical support and training on our product ranges
- Assessing and advising on work solutions to provide safe systems of work at height
- Organising and participating in product launches and other sales initiatives
- Attending national and international trade shows and international supplier visits
- Attending technical sales, sales strategy and product training meetings at our head office in Tebay, Cumbria
The person we seek will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Proven sales and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the market sectors we serve