The Climbing Hangar have an exciting opportunity for a creative and experienced Head Routesetter to join our South West team. Working across two sites, TCH Plymouth & TCH Exeter (our newest wall), you will support & inspire our team of talented route setters to deliver next level boulder problems that keep our customers wanting to come back for more.
Need to know info:
- Job Type: Permanent, Full time (40 hours)- 4 DAY WORKING WEEK
- Salary: £25k to £30k pa *depending on experience.
- Location: You will be working across our Exeter & Plymouth sites
- Application Deadline: 12th Aug 2022
What's in it for you?
- 4 day working week
- Progressive pathway alongside like-minded creative individuals.
- Competitive salary
- Training, learning and development opportunities
- 28 days annual leave per year (Including bank holidays)
- Yearly Hangar setting team roadtrip
- Free climbing shoe allowance
- Private health care
- Weekly self health development hours
- Free climbing access to all sites for you and plus one.
- Opportunities to travel and set at other Hangars around the country.
- Generous team discounts on food and gear from our cafes & shops
About TCH Route Setting:
Our vision is to inspire happier, healthier more connected people through our route setting. You will be responsible for ensuring the Hangar has a positive impact on people's lives and driving our commercial success by setting incredible boulder problems and making customers feel great. By doing this you will make the world of climbing accessible to as many people as possible, and deliver an exceptional experience.
Who is our perfect Headsetter?
- An incredible team leader who can motivate, inspire and develop their team members.
- Super creative with a good understanding of modern indoor climbing.
- Continued desire to learn, be adaptable and develop yourself as a route setter for TCH.
- Is humble and has a strong sense of athletic empathy for climbers of all ability.
- Someone that wants to see others succeed – If sandbagging is your speciality don't apply here.
- Avid climber with a huge passion for the sport.
- Someone who can work hard with a keen eye for smaller details.
- Exudes high levels of professionalism whilst retaining maximum fun factor.
Whilst we welcome any applications, this role requires a high level of route setting experience. Ideally candidates would have managed a team and have a minimum of 3 years route setting experience. If you believe you have adequate experience feel free to fire over an application.
To apply: Please send CV and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the next greatest head setter for The Climbing Hangar to firstname.lastname@example.org