Matt Helliker and Jon Bracey, two of the U.K.'s hottest alpinists, present The Meltdown Lecture Series.
From November 22nd to December 4th, they will travel across the U.K, starting at the Kendal Mountain Festival. The two Patagonia ambassadors will tell the public about their search for new routes in the Ruth Gorge, Alaska, where they went in May.
During two weeks, they had exceptionally stable weather combined with some good ephemeral ice conditions. Perfect to open two great new routes:
The Meltdown: ED3, V, M6 R, 1300m. 12 hours climbing time and 20 hours camp to camp.
For whom the bell tolls: ED2, V, grade 6 ice and mixed, 1150m. 10 hours climbing and 17 hours camp to camp.
Now, Matt and Jon have a strong experience to share: two news routes, alpine style, committed and exposed, six months planning, a lifetimes' training, leave no footprint... Great pictures, movies and stories about their adventure will give the opportunity to everyone to experience opening a new climbing route... just like if you were there!
- Kendal Mountain Festival – Nov. 22nd
- London – West Reservoir Center (near to Castle climbing centre) – Nov. 25th
- Shrewsbury - The Gateway Arts Centre - Nov. 26th
- Oxford - Town Hall - Nov. 27th
- Bristol - The Climbing Academy - Nov. 28th
- Manchester - Manchester Climbing Centre - Dec. 1st
- Sheffield - Sheffield Hallam University - Dec. 2nd
- Leeds - Leeds University - Dec. 3rd
- Edinburgh – Ratho - Dec. 4th