Want to be a model? The BMC is planning its annual hill walking and scrambling photo shoot. Every year we need a stack of fresh images representing our membership to use in BMC publications, on the website and in Summit magazine. Read on for how to apply.
The shoot is scheduled to be held on Wednesday 18 August and will last a full day – however the date is subject to change depending on the weather.
We're looking for four people to be volunteer models for a day. In return for your time you'll get to keep all the clothes you model. That generally means waterproof trousers, shell jackets, fleeces, walking trousers, tops and t-shirts – all for free.
You need to be:
- Over 18 (there is no upper age limit)
- Flexible enough to take a day off midweek in late August at a few days notice
- Able to meet us in Manchester to travel to the Lake District, or meet us in the Lake District
- A competent hill walker and scrambler
- Photogenic and happy to model as directed all day
- Happy to have your image in print and online for a year or two
How to apply
If you're interested in becoming a volunteer model please email Rebecca@thebmc.co.uk with your contact details, location, a brief outline of your hill walking/scrambling experience and a recent photo. Please let us know if you are a BMC member.