Our mega new 70 degrees overhanging Bouldering Routing Roof is now open in the downstairs bouldering area with routes ranging in difficulty from F5+ to F8b+. A mean facility intended to provide route-style forearm pump without the need to tie onto a rope, the Routing Roof offers numerous routes of 30+ moves blasting across its 12m length.
The foam matting beneath the climbing is positioned on a sloping platform that rises with the Routing Roof to ensure that the ground is never too far away, making the roof an awesome method of building power-endurance without the fear of falling normally associated with roped climbing. Please exercise appropriate caution when blasting your arms in upside down land and please read our safety guidelines listed below. Enjoy!
All routes are graded using French route grades.
- No unsupervised U18s.
- Please be aware of the step in the matting mid-way down the roof.
- Please keep the matting clear of hard objects (drinks, chalk buckets with tooth brushes etc).
- Chalk bags should be placed at the foot of the roof to avoid unnecessary spillage.
- Remain aware at all times. Do NOT walk or climb below other climbers.
- Remove objects that could cause injury if fallen on (harnesses, karabiners, keys in pockets etc).
- Beware of spinning or loose holds and report any such holds to reception immediately.