Reading Climbing Centre, the South of England's premier climbing venue, is holding an official launch party on Thursday 3rd March to celebrate its incarnation into the heart of the South's climbing community!
FREE ENTRY ALL NIGHT
John Dunne, the centre's owner, will be leading proceedings along with Stephen Venables, as well as a host of other top climbers from near and far.
The Picnic café will be laying on complimentary food and drink all night...
...and we will even be sneaking in some barrels of beer to keep the event feeling pretty social!
John Dunne, Dave Barrans, Freddie Naish and a host of other top route-setters will be crafting some interesting routes and problems to entertain you regardless of the grade you climb.
The whole focus of the event is to be as fun as possible!
There will be lots to do and see for climbers and non-climbers alike over the evening, but as a snapshot the event will include...
- Dyno competition
- Dave Barrans' 'Killer Problem'
- Speed climbing competition
- Pro climber demonstrations & Masterclasses
- Free taster sessions for anyone wanting to try climbing
- Special offers at the Urban Rock shop all day
- DMM demo stand and kit testing
- Free rock boot demos
- Spot prizes all evening, from RCC passes & T-shirts, to guidebooks, DVDs, Masterclass sessions and more...
- Over £1000 of competition prizes
- Grand opening ceremony involving cutting a pretty big, tasty cake to share out
- Special kids and youth sessions to keep the young ones active
So make a note in your diary, we hope to see you at RCC on the 3rd of March, festivities begin at 5pm!