Doug Scott presents FIRST IN THE HIMALAYA
Oxford – London – Derby 19, 20, 21 November 2013
An international gathering of elite climbers visit Oxford, London and Derby with stories from their landmark first ascents in the Himalaya over the last 60 years. The event will raise funds for Community Action
Special Guest Speakers include
- Kurt Diemberger – the Austrian mountaineer, one of only three climbers to have made two first ascents of 8000m peaks: Broad Peak and Dhaulagiri (pictured)
- Robert Schauer – the Austrian climber who made the ground breaking first ascent of the West Face of Gasherbrum IV
- Sandy Allan – who made the first ascent of the Mazeno Ridge on Nanga Parbat
- Mick Fowler – who made the first ascent of the Prow of Shiva (India) and the north face of Changabang
- Doug Scott CBE – who most famously made the first ascent of Everest's South West Face
- Hildegard Diemberger - from Cambridge University, Tibetan scholar and Himalaya expert
- Gerda Maria Pauler – the German travel writer and long distance trekker – The Great Himalaya Trail
- John Porter – (Event Host) mountaineer, climber and mountain film festival organiser
Dates and Venues and Tickets
Oxford, Natural History Museum: Tuesday 19th November 7.00pm – 10.00pm with Diemberger, Schauer and Scott.
Tickets: SOLD OUT – London and Derby available
London, Royal Geographic Society: Wednesday 20th November 10.30am – 9.30pm with a full speaker line up as above.
Tickets: £30.00 and £20.00 - www.worldexpeditions.co.uk also available on the door
Derby, Assembly Rooms: Thursday 21st November 7.00pm – 10.00pm with Schauer, Scott and Fowler.
Tickets £15.75 - Tel: 01332 255 800 also available on the door
General Info: Community Action Nepal www.canepal.org.uk Tel 01768 484842