UKClimbing.com and the Keith Sharples Calendar Competitionby Keith Sharples Jul/2009
This article has been read 4,266 times
Last years winner, Rachael Crewe on Froth at Stoney Middleton
It's calendar competition time again folks and the hunt is on for someone to feature on the UKClimbing.com sponsored page in climbing:10, the climbing calendar for 2010 from Keith Sharples Photography. Last year we had the spandex-loving graduate from Notts Uni, Rachael Crewe this year it could be YOU...
Here's the deal...
The deal is simple - UKClimbing, alongside some of the biggest names in the UK climbing business, are sponsoring a page in climbing:10 and want YOU to be photographed by Keith in a special photo shoot for the calendar. Not only will the winner appear in the calendar there's other prizes as well see below.
Here's who YOU are..
. YOU will be an experienced rock climber capable of leading rock routes of V Diff upwards; you will be available August thru early September for a photo shoot and will bring a sac of kit and a mate along to climb with you and encourage you in your quest for fame and glory well ok, your quest for the top and the tick!
Here's what else is on offer...
1. The winner (in addition to appearing in the calendar...) will also get a complementary 18x12" poster print (of a photo of their choice) from the photo shoot as well as a copy of climbing:10
2. The winner's mate will get a copy of climbing: 10
3. A selection of images from the day will be published in a gallery on UKClimbing in a write-up of the day.
4. Five further copies of climbing:10, one each for the five runners'up
Here's the closing date...
Midnight on Friday 31st July 2009.
Here's the questions...
1. What famous sport climb in the Peak District did Keith recently report as falling to bits: a) Mecca b) Mutation c) Make it Funky
2. What was the name of climbing partner that appeared in climbing:09 alongside Rachael Crewe, the comp winner from last year,: a) Al James b) Chris James c) Mike James
3. What impressive repeat ascent did Keith recently capture featuring Gaz Parry: a) Magnetic Fields b) Magnetic North c) True North
Hint: have a look at Keith Sharples Photography
Here's what to do...
1. Email Keith at email@example.com the answers to the above questions in the following format: Q1 a, b or c, Q2 a, b or c etc.
2. Include 'climbing:10 Competition' as the subject title in the email along with your last name
3. Include in your email text to Keith your full name, address, daytime telephone number and mobile as well as a few words about yourself including where you usually climb, what grade you usually climb and whether you are a trad or a sport climber, a boulderer or DWS fiend
4. Keep your phone fully charged and wait a call from Keith from the 1st August onwards
Here's the small print (a.k.a. Competition Rules)...
You must lead routes of VD standard or harder on outdoor crags on a regular basis and your mate must also be a competent climber and belayer
You and you mate will provide all your own climbing kit and take sole responsibility for your actions when climbing during the photo shoot
You and your mate will travel to and from the photo shoot at your own expense
The location to be mutually agreeable venue probably in North Wales, the Lake District or the Pennines though other locations could be agreed
You will be aged 15 or older but if you are under 18 years old you must be accompanied by a responsible adult (parent or guardian) who should also be an competent climber
You, or your parent/guardian if you are under 18 years old, will sign a model release form agreeing that images from the photo shoot can be published
Accept that the image selected will be chosen by Keith in consultation with UKClimbing and that their decision is final
Accept the inclusion of a another/substitute climber in the calendar if a mutually acceptable venue or time for the photo shoot cannot be established, for whatever reason, or if bad weather prevents the photo shoot
Accept that no compensation or substitute prize including cash alternative will be provided in lieu
Entry to the competition is on the basis that you have read, understood and accept the competition rules
Share this article on Facebook
Share this article on Twitter