Popular Articles Right Now
UKClimbing.com content in July 2014 15 Aug 2014
A summary of all the latest content on UKClimbing.com from the past month, including: 12 new articles, 29 product announcements... [ full article ]
Accident in Oman - Always be Prepared 6 Aug 2014
A new route on Oman's Jebel Misht nearly ended in disaster...
"There was a huge flap of skin hanging down from my face and my... [ full article ]
Rock, Shock and Three Smoking Classics 27 Aug 2014
Earlier this summer, when the golden sun warmed the rock of North Wales, alpinist and trad climber Nick Bullock seized the... [ full article ]
Related UKC Forum discussions
Week three of the Polartec competition.
Last weeks winner was Mark McDonald of Luton with these answers.
1. When did Polartec launch the original Polartec Powershield? The original Polartec Power Shield was launched in 1998
2. What is the new Polartec Powershield called? It's full name please. Polartec Power Shield Pro
3. How much wind does the new Polartec Powershield block?The Polartec Power Shield Pro blocks 99% of wind
This week more great prizes, three new questions.
New Questions below
Over the next few weeks we will be running several Polartec® competitions - www.polartec.com.
All you have to do is answer the following questions.
1. Name a Polartec material whose main property is warmth?
2. What is the name of the international adventure award programme that Polartec runs?
3. Where was Polartec founded?
Email your answers (and your name and address) to email@example.com by next WEdnesday (8th December) and we will announce the winner the day after.
Polartec® Power Shield® Pro is Polartec's latest softshell fabric that is soft, stretchy, highly breathable, wind resistant, warm, lightweight and has increased water resistance due to a new microporous, water-resistant polyurethane membrane. It has increased abrasion resistance and is machine washable.
Join Polartec UK on Facebook at Polartec UK Facebook page
Learn more about Polartec®Power Shield® at www.polartec.com