UKC

Glen tress after the world champs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 17 Aug 2023

Does anybody know what happening regarding the various trails that were built for the various world champ races ? Not having much luck with google . Hopefully most if not all will be left for the great unwashed . Heresay is that they built a huge jump that will not be left in place but that various other bits will be left . Ideally we would like to visit in the next few days and have a ride but as it’s a few hours drive I’m trying to find out what’s what .

OP mike123 17 Aug 2023
In reply to mike123: but it doesn’t really give any detail regarding my op 

OP mike123 17 Aug 2023
In reply to Jon Greengrass: thanks Jon , just given that a read . Bit of a Shame but understandable. 
edit : maybe understandable is the wrong word . Not surprising wound be better 

Post edited at 17:29
 RobAJones 17 Aug 2023
In reply to mike123:

The xcm course was (is?) brilliant was the view of most competitors, not just the British contingent.

Talking to some of the local staff up there, there was frustration that the xco course was in amongst existing trails and the intention was always to remove the features. Apparently there had been a proposal for a completely independent course, presumably cost was an issue, although the 25k or so earmarked for removing the features was another cause of frustration. 

OP mike123 21 Aug 2023
In reply to RobAJones: thanks rob . Has anybody been in the last few days ?

ChrisJD 21 Aug 2023
In reply to mike123:

Have you done your Tignes trip yet? 

OP mike123 22 Aug 2023
In reply to ChrisJD: no , a few things got in the way and ended up staying in the uk . It will have to be next year now . Definitely tignes over morzine for the kids ( and my ) first uplift trip . Just had a cracking few days at kiroughtree . The liv lust  you recommended and I got for my youngest is an awesome bike . He road the Mc Moab slabs almost cleanly on his first try . Something I’ve never managed. 

ChrisJD 22 Aug 2023
In reply to mike123:

That's a real shame Mike; KirroT and the other 7Stnes are all worthy though  

Glad to here the bike has worked out, they are perfect for kids into youths. And kudos to the lad for McMoab

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...