UKC

New bike day

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 08 Jan 2021

Pestilence stalks the land.

The greatest democracy in the world trembles. 

The economy is in free fall.

And yet... New bike day.

In reply to bouldery bits:

> Pestilence stalks the land.

> The greatest democracy in the world trembles. 

> The economy is in free fall.

> And yet... New bike day.

To be decided or are you boasting?

OP bouldery bits 08 Jan 2021
In reply to Stuart (aka brt):

> To be decided or are you boasting?

Boasting!

My new bicycle, and accompanying massive recycling hassle, is arriving in the next hour. I am far too giddy for someone of my age. 

I was feeling sad on Tuesday so I cheered myself up by finally clicking 'checkout' on the Planet X website.

> Boasting!

> My new bicycle, and accompanying massive recycling hassle, is arriving in the next hour. I am far too giddy for someone of my age. 

> I was feeling sad on Tuesday so I cheered myself up by finally clicking 'checkout' on the Planet X website.

Nice one. 

Got a way too expensive set of carbon road wheels before Xmas, which were to go on a posh aluminium frame that I'd ordered in October. Long story short, got sick of waiting (iffy delays) and pulled the pin on a Kinesis RTD last Friday. Turned up Tuesday... FFS! 😂 

The 'vid aside I've got the kids off so I'll probably deck it out this weekend. It'll make a nice visual display at least! 

girlymonkey 08 Jan 2021

What bike are you getting? New bike day is always a great day! Enjoy!

OP bouldery bits 08 Jan 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

A Planet X London Road. I figure it will be great for winter commuting and some road stuff on Devon's 'interesting' lanes and the occasional forestry track. I am excited to enter the world of disc brakes.

I can then spend time tinkering with my old MTB/gravel thing to turn it into a really good tourer for some bikepacking trips in the Summer with the brother. 

The bike has arrived but I'm waiting for daylight to unbox properly. I am unreasonably excited. 

> A Planet X London Road. I figure it will be great for winter commuting and some road stuff on Devon's 'interesting' lanes and the occasional forestry track. I am excited to enter the world of disc brakes.

> I can then spend time tinkering with my old MTB/gravel thing to turn it into a really good tourer for some bikepacking trips in the Summer with the brother. 

> The bike has arrived but I'm waiting for daylight to unbox properly. I am unreasonably excited. 

They're a good bike and as someone who only got into discs two years ago I really wouldn't look back (though I did hold out for many years). 

Enjoy! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...