UKC

Campervan access up to Aielfroide ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nick_Scots 17 Jul 2023

Hi,

is it possible to get up the bad narrow bit after Vallouise ?

in a 3.2m high and 7m long coach built.

Thnks

henwardian 17 Jul 2023
In reply to Nick_Scots:

On google maps, the street view and satellite view both show a couple of pretty big campers parked up at the road end parking, based on that I'd say "yes".

TheGeneralist 17 Jul 2023
In reply to Nick_Scots

> in a 3.2m high and 7m long coach built

That'll be a motorhome then, not a campervan!

OP Nick_Scots 17 Jul 2023
In reply to TheGeneralist:

Thanks. But do you know the answer ?

it’s the rocky tunnel just at the start of the via ferrata over the river. 

Glug 17 Jul 2023
In reply to Nick_Scots:

Pretty sure lorries were going up there when we were last there, was a few years ago but I can't see the tunnel changing in that time, we were in a 5.5m by just under 3m high landrover camper and I don't remember the tunnel being that tight, there are a couple of tight hairpins after it though. 

ExiledScot 17 Jul 2023
In reply to Nick_Scots:

Done it in a minibus and don't recall any of those 2m ish height barriers many car parks have. 

TheGeneralist 17 Jul 2023
In reply to Nick_Scots:

Soz, not currently.  When you going?  I'll know the answer  on 6 August when we drive up  in our [ relatively teeny] campervan.

It's got hotels and shops etc at the end so must allow some biggish vehicles.

Post edited at 17:02
In reply to Nick_Scots:

I have sent groups up there in 28 seater coaches and they have no issues, fits through the tunnel and drops of at PMC at the end of the road. 

I cant give you an exact size but I think the coach would be bigger than your van.

There are a few local coach companies, you could always drop them a email. I am sure they could give you exact sizes as they have to go to all these places.

have a good trip

In reply to Nick_Scots:

So, If you look on google maps and go to street view you can see the sign at the tunnel.

height 3.25m

weight 15T

length up to 11m

John Cuthbert 17 Jul 2023
In reply to Nick_Scots:

It is a tight turn, but easily doable in a camper van. The main prob is meeting traffic coming in the opposite direction. It often gets a bit backed up there.  As a result, I've always made my way up in the quite of the late evening or early morning..

JC

WillCass 17 Jul 2023
In reply to Nick_Scots:

Ive been through that tunnel in a fiat ducato camper, 2.7m high and 6m length with no issues and don’t recall it being tight either.

Thanks

Will

Kimberley 18 Jul 2023
In reply to Nick_Scots:

Yes, I was there last week.

OP Nick_Scots 19 Jul 2023
In reply to Nick_Scots:

Thanks all. Did mtb at vars day then the new Chateua Queuras via ferrata (did the previous one on the other side) as it was in the 30s again.

Now off to AostaLa Thule 👍

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...