UKC

Heathrow accommodation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 hms 18 Oct 2023

I'm hoping the UKC hive mind can help! I'm flying back to Heathrow in late November, midweek. The flight lands at about 9pm. That has worked out a bit inconvenient for then getting a coach back to Bristol - I have to leave a margin in case the flights a bit late, immigration and/or baggage reclaim is slow etc which means I'd be getting home at about 2am.

Which has left me thinking that maybe staying overnight is sensible. But last time I did that I remember feeling very scared trying to get to the hotel - dark, raining, not sure I was on the right bus but unable to see out properly.

So what's the easiest way to stay over at Heathrow that isn't going to cost more than the rest of the trip? All hints and tips gratefully received! 

ExiledScot 18 Oct 2023
In reply to hms:

Train to centralish london hotel will be cheaper than taxi and hotel near Heathrow. Taxis charge a premium just to leave there, especially on an evening claiming they won't get anymore fares that evening etc.. 

Post edited at 10:33
 tehmarks 18 Oct 2023
In reply to hms:

There is an easyHotel near Heathrow. I can't tell you exactly how to get there, but I suspect it's only one bus and I'm happy as a London resident to have a look and tell you how you get there. Else, as above, the [Piccadilly Line or Elizabeth Line] into London proper is really easy and your options will be greater.

Cheese Monkey 18 Oct 2023
In reply to hms:

Premier inn at t4 is easy to get to, free trains from the other terminals. We found it very affordable compared to the other options

seankenny 18 Oct 2023
In reply to hms:

Elizabeth Line to somewhere in west London where you can find a cheap airbnb. 

OP hms 18 Oct 2023
In reply to Cheese Monkey:

ooh, good shout. Just looked that up and it seems beautifully straight forward and yes, not too stupidly expensive either

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...