UKC

Lundy Island Logistics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Adam Desforges 18 Aug 2023

Hi all,

Thinking of planning a climbing trip over to lundy Island. If anyone has any tips on logistics and timings for things it would be much appreciated!

I know this is vague, any advice welcome 💪

Adam

Graeme Hammond 18 Aug 2023
In reply to Adam Desforges:

Check the tides before you book, as picking dates when the tides are favorable will maximise climbing. As will if you go after the bird restrictions have finished, however I believe there is enough stuff to go at even in breading season.

Plan ahead as if you want accommodation as it is often booked up many months in advance, camping is often more flexible.

In reply to Adam Desforges:

Just in case you haven’t seen it already, here’s a link to the destination article I wrote back in 2016: https://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/destinations/lundy-8709

Graeme Hammond 18 Aug 2023
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Worth noting that apart from a couple of routes a 60m abseil rope is sufficient for most of the popular routes between diff and E2 that I've done and stops you having to lug round 40m of extra rope round the island when your rucksack is already heavy enough. We found it easy to pass a knot on a ledge for the longer abseil required for American Beauty 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...