UKC

North Brittany - advice wanted

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chris_r 20 Aug 2023

Heading for a 10 day family holiday around Roscoff in northern Brittany.

Does have any advice for the area? (Climbing or otherwise!)

Looks to be a decent amount of easy sports routes at Primel Tregastel, and maybe some bouldering too.

Anyone know of a guidebook for the areas, or have any advice (eg rope length, number of QDs etc).

Thanks,

Chris

In reply to chris_r:

There is an online Topo for the Kerlouan bouldering. Search Topo de Kerlouan on kupdf.net

Post edited at 07:41
 BoulderBus 16 Sep 2023
In reply to chris_r:

The bouldering was cool, some funky shapes   no idea about rope stuff.  Meneham was cool for a visit, but if I recall correctly, we didn't find too much stuff to entertain the kids...fortunately we had good weather and spent most days on the beach, I think we went to Brest Castle one day...

Toerag 17 Sep 2023
In reply to chris_r:

search the forums for Brittany, there's been plenty of snippets of advice posted over the years and not too much chaff to sort through.

Can't advise on the climbing, but the weird rocks around Ploumanach are worth a look and there is some bouldering there I believe. You could head east to Mont St.Michel /  St.Malo for a day out, in summer there's normally the Factory ship Joseph Roty II in port and the guided tour is worth doing if you understand enough French. The Cité D'Aleth fort is worth a look too if you like war stuff, the museum inside is interesting.

Post edited at 13:35
 Barnabé Joy 03 Oct 2023

Hi,
A bit late to the party but you'll find plenty info on the app "breizh blok" for bouldering, and overall, most know or under development crags are listed on TheCrag!
And if you're in need of a teammate, you can always send me a message!
Cheers from the other side of the pond

Post edited at 20:54

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...