UKC

Pen y Pass P&R

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TXG 09 Aug 2023

Hi. Wonder if anyone can help me with a quick question. 

I'm currently on a family holiday in North Wales, and we're looking to do a scramble from Pen y Pass tomorrow. Do people know if the park and ride buses from Nant Peris are reliable?

The timetable is clear enough, 2 buses per hour, but I wanted to check if we can rely on them turning up. We'd be turning up between 9 and 10.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Alex Riley 09 Aug 2023
In reply to TXG:

They are pretty reliable, if not the taxis are priced reasonably.

Wingnut 09 Aug 2023
In reply to Alex Riley:

If the bus doesn't turn up, can be worth going a bit old-school and having the person with the car keys brush the worst of the mud off and stand at the car park entrance with their thumb up and a friendly expression on?

(If I'm driving down towards the hut I stop in in Nant Peris, and have car space, I generally do a quick eyes-left at the top of the hill. Others going in the same direction may do likewise.....)

stubbed 10 Aug 2023
In reply to Wingnut:

I've successfully got a lift round there actually, it's not a bad idea if there's not many of you

ExiledScot 10 Aug 2023
In reply to stubbed:

> I've successfully got a lift round there actually, it's not a bad idea if there's not many of you

I stop for walkers when ever I've space, as I've benefitted in the past getting back along roads after skye or cluanie ridge etc.. 

Plus, it's a small world. Remember in the 90s picking up a guy in lashing rain just up from Duddon Bridge, he was planning to walk over Ulpha Moor to Boot, turns out we were heading to same place, I was meeting up with another instructor there and he was an ML doing some work for him the next day.

You just never know who the person with their thumb out might be, as you drive by stone faced blanking them, or how you might meet them later.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...