UKC

Underground/Elizabeth Line today

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 03 Dec 2023

Since LNER is running a bus service on the east coast mainline, I intend driving to London to a concert in King's Place this evening.

I would like to know if there is any disruption to underground or Elizabeth line services, as I may well park near Ealing Broadway: Otherwise I'll have to try to find somewhere near Kings' Cross to park.

Your advice is much appreciated on this matter.

In reply to veteye:

The TFL website is your friend.

jcm

duncan 03 Dec 2023
In reply to veteye:

If you do decide to drive, I've always managed to find parking in the area just north of King's Place (Copenhagen Street and roads off it). https://bit.ly/3GsiLXB (click on the 'Street' button)

More importantly, are you going to the Bach or the Stockhausen? Both sound great.

OP veteye 03 Dec 2023
In reply to duncan:

Rachel Podger and Brecon Baroque with my addiction, The Goldberg Variations adapted for strings and solo violin.

I may still park near Ealing Broadway, and for no cost hopefully. Whereas near KGX will presumably be charged parking.

My daughter was at the last minute, drafted in to manage an emergency pop-up night shelter for Westminster Council, so she cannot go as she will be working. Thus I can sell you a ticket if you want. Seats in the 3rd row of the lower level. 

If you want a ticket call me on 07711 090999.

Rob

PS Reduced service on the Eliz line.

Underground generally running.

BusyLizzie 03 Dec 2023
In reply to veteye:

If I were not playing the organ for Advent Carols this evening I would have bought that ticket! Have a great time.

L

duncan 03 Dec 2023
In reply to veteye:

Free parking on Sunday at least (click on the link).

I can't make this evening unfortunately, should be a great concert and King's Place is a lovely venue.

Andy Clarke 04 Dec 2023
In reply to veteye:

> Rachel Podger and Brecon Baroque with my addiction, The Goldberg Variations adapted for strings and solo violin.

I'd really like to have seen this concert. I love the Goldbergs and I'm a big fan of Rachel Podger. I really enjoyed her previous reimagining of Bach - the cello suites. I wish she'd come and perform her latest project at Symphony Hall in Birmingham. What did you think of her Goldbergs?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...