UKC

Best app/source of Maps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Exile Ward 15 May 2022

Hoping to get to the Alps in the next few weeks - Saas Fee and then maybe on to the Bregaglia. I use OS maps in the UK, anyone got any recommendations for similar in Switzerland/France/Italy? Don't particularly want to pay for a year's subscription if I can help it.

Suncream 15 May 2022
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

In Switzerland there's the free SwissTopo app, which is excellent. In France there's a free Géoportail app with the IGN maps, which I find to be a bit clunky but it does the job.

MG 15 May 2022

Italian maps are all a bit vague. The best are the  Excursionista one in that area. Swiss maps extend over the border and are generally much better than the Italian ones, if a bit dated, on the Italian side. They cost, though.

Jack Geldard 15 May 2022
In reply to Rob Exile Ward: I use FATMAP now for all my digital map/planning.

The free version might be enough for what you need. The subscription is IMO well worth it, for amazing high res satellite imagery and also all Euro map types if you prefer a proper map.

The Sat imagery is so good it is now my go to over map layers, which after 30 years of map use, is saying something.

Hope you have a great trip.

J

Doug 15 May 2022

https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/ is good for planning with the carte  topographique IGN.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...