UKC

Work Visa in the Alps post brexit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 EddP 12 Nov 2023

Helloo,

Me and a few mates are hoping to spend spring and summer '24 in the alps getting a lot of mileage in.

Pre brexit, we'd have been able to get work in bars etc fiarly easily. From the reading I've done you now need a job offer to even apply for a visa.

Any one have any experience in trying to do this post brexit/advice?

ianstevens 12 Nov 2023
In reply to EddP:

Probably Google is a good place to start: https://www.welcometofrance.com/en/fiche/obtaining-a-work-permit

As is the case for most EU countries, they should try to hire from the EU Labour market first. Chances are for bar work, they can do this, so won’t want to hire out the EU.

TLDR it’ll be pretty difficult. A sad loss.

profitofdoom 12 Nov 2023
In reply to ianstevens:

> As is the case for most EU countries, they should try to hire from the EU Labour market first. Chances are for bar work, they can do this, so won’t want to hire out the EU.

> TLDR it’ll be pretty difficult. A sad loss.

It is indeed really sad. And such a loss for loads of people 

As has been said before, "Brexit. The gift that keeps on giving".

d_b 13 Nov 2023
In reply to profitofdoom:

But we held all the cards!

Dan Goodwin 13 Nov 2023
In reply to d_b:

and we folded!!!!

hang_about 13 Nov 2023
In reply to EddP:

Ask David Cameron - apparently he's back as Foreign Secretary now.

JimHolmes69 13 Nov 2023
In reply to EddP:

It is possible to get a visa but it isn't an easy process. You'll need to have a position before you go to apply and give yourself 6 months for the process. The employer needs to be able to preform a similar application from the country. We successfully got a visa for Switzerland for my son. But for the same job in France in he Alps it would be a direct no. The application has alot of hurdles and all certificates and CV and references etc. Need to legally translated which is expensive. The visas are usually valid for either 6 months, a year, 2 years. Then you are required to go through the process again. You can can get an open visa but these are like hens teeth.

Good luck.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...