UKC

Another Three Peaks Quiz

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Hood 23 Sep 2022

Today's walk, actually 3 separate walks, 1 photo from the highest point of each, quiz is to identify the hill.

Clues:

• I drove between the 3 walks
  • Walk 1 - visited 3 hills in the DoBIH, a photo in the opposite direction would be a bit more obvious
  • Walk 2 - visited 2 hills in the DoBIH, photo is poor quality because I zoomed in to remove more obvious bits
  • Walk 3 - visited 1 hill in the DoBIH, I have another photo if everyone gets stuck

Bonus kudos if you can identify where I parked for each - remember that I'm trying to minimise the total amount of walking.

Again, I won't be able to confirm/deny until Saturday evening

Strachan 23 Sep 2022
In reply to Michael Hood:

I’m not sure I fully understand the rules of the game here, but I’m going to take a punt at picture 1 being Dow Crag (Coniston Fells) from Great Carrs. Could be from Wetherlam, Swirl How, or somewhere else altogether, though.

StockportAl 24 Sep 2022
In reply to Michael Hood:

1: Great Carrs from Long Crag, Wrynose Fell (parked at Three Shire Stone)

2: Looking towards Greendale Gill from Whin Rigg (from Miterdale car park)

3: Sca Fell and Slight Side from just north of Stoney Tarn (Parked The Wool Pack?)

OP Michael Hood 24 Sep 2022
In reply to Strachan:

It's to work out where the photos are taken from - note that it will not be a Wainwright (done) or Fellranger (done) or Wainwright Outlying Fell (done) but will be either a Nutall, ex-Nutall, Birkett or Synge.

OP Michael Hood 24 Sep 2022
In reply to StockportAl:

1. Direction of photo 👍 Location 👍 Car parking 👎

2. Direction of photo 👍 Location 👎 (it's not a Wainwright) Car parking 👍

3. Direction of photo 👍 Location 👎 (close but note the partly hidden stretch of water just right of centre), Car parking (+ pint 😁) 👍

I'd give that a B+ 😁

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...