UKC

Campsite Fort William

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gimmergimmer 20 Aug 2023

Going to Corpach and F. William in early Oct. Hoping to camp. What's the campsite in Glen Nevis like- website says you have to join camping club for £45.00. Is there anywhere else. Thanks.

d_b 20 Aug 2023
In reply to gimmergimmer:

Glen Nevis camp site is ok. Not the cheapest but decent facilities. When I stayed there last year I didn't have to join anything.

OP gimmergimmer 20 Aug 2023
In reply to d_b:

On reflection I think it mesns you pay more if you're not a member

J72 20 Aug 2023

Yea it’s not cheap but it’s pretty good tbh, good facilities, good location, big site (usually east enough to pitch away from other people), close to their restaurant and has a (tasty but expensive)  take away stall open st breakfast and dinner.  It’s got a well stocked shop too.

but yeah not cheap - but also about 20 times cheaper for a few nights than non camping accommodation round there! 

Andy Johnson 20 Aug 2023

As others have said, it's a good site but big and on the expensive side. I've camped there many times at the start or end of backpacking trips.

Be aware that they're pretty strict about noise after 9pm and they expect silence after 11pm. They have people patrolling the site to enforce this.  Which is all totally fine by me, but might not fit some people's expectations.

Post edited at 18:50
OP gimmergimmer 20 Aug 2023
In reply to Andy Johnson:

Peace and quiet sounds good to me

Fiona Reid 20 Aug 2023

Yup non members pay a fair bit more. If you stay enough nights at other Camping & Caravan sites during a year you'll perhaps save money by joining. 

Other options near Fort William are Ben Nevis Holiday Park in Corpach or Loch Linne campsite. 

There's also a couple of sites in Roybridge and one at Gairlochy. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...