UKC

Chudleigh Ticks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cambromo 08 Jul 2023

Found one under my watch after taking it off today, be safe out there. 

Tringa 08 Jul 2023
In reply to cambromo:

A few years ago(about 7 or 8) I used to think the increase in people reporting ticks and/or Lyme Disease was because more people we getting into the outdoors. Now I am not so sure. 

Me and Mrs Tringa have visited NW Scotland just about every year for the last 35 -40 years, and recently several times a year and there do seem to be more ticks now.

In the early years we would have the odd one or two; in the last few years I've had more(5 in one afternoon working in a garden in the NW) and Mrs Tringa, who appears to be very attractive to ticks, has had loads.

We are in NW Scotland now and a couple of days ago Mrs T was visited by 8 in about 5 minutes.

I do not want to trivialise the effects of Lyme Disease but over the years the number of ticks we have entertained is probably a 100+ and so far no ill effects.

I think checking yourself, or getting someone else to check the bits you can't, has to be the way to good.

I agree  - be safe out there.

Dave

Billhook 08 Jul 2023
In reply to cambromo:

Don't worry - they won't damage your watch.  They are not that kind of tick.

PaulJepson 08 Jul 2023
In reply to cambromo:

They're bad everywhere. I've had 4 this year already in the peak. Yarncliffe, Chatsworth, Curbar. Surprise surprise, it's where there are tons of deer. 

OP cambromo 08 Jul 2023
In reply to Tringa:

This is the first time its happened to me, it's one of those things where I thought it would never happen to me. 

I do think it has some importance to report where they're appearing though. Little buggers. 

echo34 08 Jul 2023

Would recommend EX4 on your trousers, kills them on contact. Only one I’ve had since doing this was when I was running in shorts. 

be careful with it when liquid thoigh as it’s toxic to cats

In reply to cambromo:

Is the tock still missing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...