Rob Greenwood - UKClimbingrobgreenwoodclimbing.com/
I am the Advertising Manager at UKClimbing/UKHillwalking.
Based in Sheffield, I have the good fortune of being based close to some of the best rock in the UK. Whilst I love the gritstone, it is nice to get on something longer every once in a while so throughout much of the Spring/Summer end up climbing elsewhere - either on mountain crag or sea cliff.
I began climbing whilst studying at Bangor University back in 2002, I then spent the following 10 years based in Wales working my way up through the ranks of Pete's Eats, Joe Brown's and DMM. Over the past year I have been working for the BMC as Regional Development Officer for England East.
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Best Climbing Experience
Two moments in particular stand out: topping out of El Cap after completing The Shield with Alex Haslehurst and summiting the North Face of the Eiger via the 1938 Route with Jack Geldard. Both represented things that I never thought I would (or could) do when I first started climbing.
That said, the end of a days climbing at Gogarth or Pembroke still take some beating...
Latest Blog posts
Subscribe to this blog as a feed for RSS browsers
- And now for something completely different… 20-Sep-15
- The Diamond 19-Aug-15
- A walk amongst the trees 07-Aug-15
- BMC Cornish Climbing Festival 2015 03-Jul-15
- Fair Head 25-Jun-15
- The sport to trad conversion (and ever changing goal posts) 19-Jun-15
- Finale 21-May-15
- Oliana Expectations… 16-Mar-15
- Time between the trade shows… 09-Feb-15
- 2014 – Well that was good wasn’t it?!? 27-Dec-14
Articles by Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing
- REVIEW: Friction Labs Chalk Sep/2015
- REVIEW: La Sportiva Genius Aug/2015
- REVIEW: CAMP Matik Aug/2015
- REVIEW: Boreal Lynx Aug/2015
- DESTINATION ARTICLE: Fair Head - Northern Ireland Jun/2015
- REVIEW: Mountain Equipment Squall Jacket Jun/2015
- REVIEW: Mountain Equipment Hope Pant Jun/2015
- Jack Wolfskin Press Event May/2015
- REVIEW: Totem Cams May/2015
- REVIEW: Beyond Limits by Steve McClure May/2015
- REVIEW: Rab Torque Capri Apr/2015
- REVIEW: Amdro Boot Jump Mar/2015
- REVIEW: Alpkit Filoment Feb/2015
- The Outdoor Show 2015: UKClimbing and SuperBloc Jan/2015
- DESTINATION GUIDE: The Grampians - Australia Jan/2015
- DESTINATION GUIDE: Mount Arapiles - Australia Jan/2015
- The Five Best E5 Routes in the UK? Sep/2014
- COMPARISON REVIEW: Compact Stove Systems Jul/2014
- UKC/UKH Mountain Photography Awards 2013 Mar/2014
- UKC Visit to Mammut HQ, Switzerland - Design Team Q&A Mar/2014
- Mammut Q&A - what would you like to know? Feb/2014
Interests Outside Climbing
Coffee, Long Distance Fell Running, Reading
About My Photography
Up until a few years ago the words 'point and click' would have summarised my photography quite nicely. In 2014 I invested in a Canon EOS M and this sparked a greater interest in photography/composition; however, it was not until 2015 when I bought a second hand Canon 5D MkII that I started to fully understand how to shoot manually and get even more involved.
Click to view Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing's gallery. (51 photos)
Click to search for photos of climbers called Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing.
Click to list photo comments written by me. (25 comments)
I've voted for 818 photos, average vote 3.8.
(23% superb - 39% good - 27% average - 7% poor - 1% rubbish)