Rob Greenwood - UKC
I am the Advertising Manager at UKClimbing/UKHillwalking.
Based in Sheffield, I have the good fortune of being based close to some of the best rock in the UK. Whilst I love the gritstone, it is nice to get on something longer every once in a while so throughout much of the Spring/Summer end up climbing elsewhere - either on mountain crag or sea cliff.
I began climbing whilst studying at Bangor University back in 2002, I then spent the following 10 years based in Wales working my way up through the ranks of Pete's Eats, Joe Brown's and DMM. Over the past year I have been working for the BMC as Regional Development Officer for England East.
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Best Climbing Experience
Two moments in particular stand out: topping out of El Cap after completing The Shield with Alex Haslehurst and summiting the North Face of the Eiger via the 1938 Route with Jack Geldard. Both represented things that I never thought I would (or could) do when I first started climbing.
That said, the end of a days climbing at Gogarth or Pembroke still take some beating...
Latest Blog posts
Subscribe to this blog as a feed for RSS browsers
- Oliana Expectations… 16-Mar-15
- Time between the trade shows… 09-Feb-15
- 2014 – Well that was good wasn’t it?!? 27-Dec-14
- Quality, not quantity… 17-Dec-14
- 5 Day Black and White Challenge 04-Dec-14
- Australia Part 2 – The Climbing 11-Nov-14
- Australia Part 1- The Animals 06-Nov-14
- The Poor Man’s Yorkshire Triple Crown 23-Sep-14
- Welcome to the 8th Grade 09-Aug-14
- 8a 06-Jul-14
Articles by Rob Greenwood - UKC
- REVIEW: Amdro Boot Jump Mar/2015
- REVIEW: Alpkit Filoment Feb/2015
- The Outdoor Show 2015: UKClimbing and SuperBloc Jan/2015
- DESTINATION GUIDE: The Grampians - Australia Jan/2015
- DESTINATION GUIDE: Mount Arapiles - Australia Jan/2015
- The Five Best E5 Routes in the UK? Sep/2014
- COMPARISON REVIEW: Compact Stove Systems Jul/2014
- UKC/UKH Mountain Photography Awards 2013 Mar/2014
- UKC Visit to Mammut HQ, Switzerland - Design Team Q&A Mar/2014
- Mammut Q&A - what would you like to know? Feb/2014
Interests Outside Climbing
Coffee, Long Distance Fell Running, Reading
About My Photography
Whilst I would love to say more, I think the following three words sum it up nicely - point and click. However, I have set myself a target of improving this situation throughout 2014 and have recently invested in a new camera (Canon EOS M).
Click to list photo comments written by me. (17 comments)
I've voted for 781 photos, average vote 3.7.
(20% superb - 40% good - 28% average - 7% poor - 1% rubbish)