Married to Karen, little girls Maisie and Lily, dogs Chester (Heinz 57). Work in Marketing for a little weeny bank.
Live in Embsay (underneath Crookrise) but family and roots are in the Lakes. Known bob for what seems like hundreds of years...
Dales - just outside Skipton.
Best Climbing Experience
Probably Voyage on Goat - one of the best pitches I've done anywhere
Favourite Climbing-Related Discussion Topic
Why toproping is not a valid way to learn to climb. Why the lakes is better than anywhere. Why Yorkshire grit is second only to the lakes. Why bolt routes are so forgettable.
Latest Blog posts
Subscribe to this blog as a feed for RSS browsers
- Did it 21-May-14
- A better March... 03-Apr-14
- Getting better with the weather 21-Mar-14
- Still at it, but low mileage month 04-Mar-14
- Another super low (well, no) mileage week 13-Feb-14
- Low mileage months 06-Feb-14
- Low mileage, good quality (and a new toy) 20-Jan-14
- Tsk, tsk, slippery slope and all that... 15-Jan-14
- A weekend of effort and not a few miles... 13-Jan-14
- Nine months? NINE MONTHS?? Where have I been? 10-Jan-14
Interests Outside Climbing
Running (road and fell), kids, digital photography, now reborn as a roadie cyclist.
Click to list photo comments written by me. (2 comments)
I've voted for 11 photos, average vote 2.7.
(27% superb - 9% good - 0% average - 36% poor - 27% rubbish)
Anything Else We Should Know
Jim Bowen once came to my birthday party. As did Ian McCulloch from the Bunnymen (but not the same party).
User Profileregistered 25/Jun/01
Been Climbing For
11 to 20 years
Trad - E4
Sport - 6c+
Trad Rock Climbing
In the UK & Europe
Tumble - Dow
Golden Slipper - Pavey
The Bludgeon - Shepherds
Poetry in Motion - Rylstone
A Question of Balance - Simon's Seat