UKC

Dry tooling top ascents

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climber34neil 02 Nov 2017
Should there or can there be a section for drytooling on the top ascents of the week page? I know there is a section for winter but dry tooling routes don't get listed. Perhaps any route above m8/9 ?
 remus Global Crag Moderator 02 Nov 2017
In reply to climber34neil:

Does enough dry tooling get done to consistently fill the page?
 mrphilipoldham 02 Nov 2017

Dry tooling ascents are listed on the UK Winter Conditions page.
OP climber34neil 02 Nov 2017
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

Yes, but there is also a winter routes page on the " this week's top ascents " post which doesn't show tooling routes that have been logged but would show winter routes that have been climbed ( those of grade VII and above) . I'm just wondering if routes above a certain grade should be shown on there as they are with winter, trad, and bouldering.
In reply to remus:

Yes I believe so, there is a small but dedicated number of people who are regularly drytooling, and also for probably 8 months of the year there isn't anything logged on the winter routes section of the top ascents page so I wouldn't think consistency is an issue.

Could also include mixed routes given m grades that wouldn't get listed as winter routes

It's such a niche activity that I don't really think it's worth adding. For the small group of folk that do tool and do log routes, many of them don't log what they do after they've done it once as it's all just for training. That along with the very limited number of routes in the higher grades means it's just going to be the same few people on the same few routes. Hardly interesting.

*whistpers* I'm a tooler and even I'd find that boring
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

Absolutely, I didn't think of it like that!! Oh and whispers * I won't tell anyone!*

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...