UKC

Hardest climbs problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 peakschris 15 Apr 2018

I onsighted my first VS yesterday (yay!). But it's not showing in the hardest climbs section of my logbook graphs. I logged it last night. Any idea why?

Thanks, Chris

mrphilipoldham 15 Apr 2018
In reply to peakschris:

If it was originally graded a HS then it might still register as that, despite being shown as VS now. Seems to happen quite a bit! 

Mr. Lee 15 Apr 2018
In reply to peakschris:

Yeah I've seen this a few times, assuming it's what I think it is. I suspect a route might be listed at moderator level as HS. The database forces the Rockfax grades where applicable in the logbook but not in the graphs. So the original grade that was manually entered might still be causing the errors with the graphs. The moderator could correct it potentially by matching the manually entered grades with the forced Rockfax grades in order to correct the graph stats.

OP peakschris 15 Apr 2018
In reply to Mr. Lee:

Hmm, good suggestions. I tried adding an HVS and E1 to my logbook... And it still stuck on the HS... Bizarre... Perhaps my account has gone wrong...

(I then deleted the HVS/E1. Not quite ready for them yet!)

In reply to peakschris:

Which route is it Chris?

Type the name in the box above 'Insert climb link...' your reply to create the link to it.

Alan

In reply to peakschris:

Paradise Wall (HS 4b) was given VS in the UKC database (HS on Rockfax so that's what displayed) and that was trumping Mississippi Buttress Direct (VS 4c) and Martello Buttress (VS 4c). The top of the graphs page is the only place it causes an issue now. The database lookup is pretty complicated and makes it too slow to cross link both databases to do it properly in the current setup. A reformat of the way grades are stored is on the todo list.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...