UKC

Ben Nevis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Kyle22 02 Aug 2020

Ben NevisBen Nevis summit (summit)Hi There 

Me and a group of friends are planning to climb Ben Nevis this weekend and are going to wild camp. Was looking for some advice for the best location to wild camp near the Glen Nevis Visitor Centre. 

TIA 

Kyle 

DaveHK 02 Aug 2020
In reply to Kyle22:

There aren't many good spots around there. It's busy and mainly fields/car park/forestry. Given the current situation with lots of people roadside camping and leaving a mess you're highly likely to piss people off by camping around there. I'd go further afield where you can camp more discretely or book into the campsite assuming that's possible.

Post edited at 21:04
 jdh90 02 Aug 2020
In reply to Kyle22:

Hi Kyle

Given there are a lot of people "wild camping" at the moment, everywhere in the UK and leaving a lot of mess, and any of the Three Peaks are classic objectives for people who are new to the outdoors and don't know how to treat it with respect, you might find other forum users are reluctant to share this kind of information and encourage you to use a campsite or hotel.  Some people also keep knowledge of good spots on the down-low and wouldn't post about it publicly, for fear of having their favourite spot busy next time they want to use it.

You might stand more of a chance of teasing it out of someone if you fill in your profile some more or demonstrate that you will follow the unwritten rules of wild camping.

In reply to Kyle22:

Eschew the wild camping plan and go light and fast, ascend via headtorch and summit to the sunrise?

In reply to Kyle22:

I’d recommend aonach eagach 

edit 

I forgot to say that it is a scramble so a bit of practise and a head for heights is advised

Post edited at 21:12
 bouldery bits 06 Aug 2020
In reply to Cneifion Arête:

I'm starting to like you.

In reply to bouldery bits:

Thank you I admit I did make some dumb mistakes at the start but I’ve learned 

GrahamD 06 Aug 2020
In reply to Kyle22:

What do you  mean by wild camp ?

MJAngry 06 Aug 2020
In reply to GrahamD:

Wild? It's livid. 

In reply to Kyle22:

You know what the first rule of Fight Club is?

Same for wild camping.  

T.

Ned 07 Aug 2020
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

The first rule of wild camping is: You do not talk about Fight Club.

In reply to Ned:

or shuttle island 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...