UKC

MCI Trainee looking for students

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Will Tranter 11 Feb 2020

Hi

I am looking for people to take multi pitch climbing and scrambling in Snowdonia, North Wales as practice towards my MCI assessment.

The climbing days would involve me focusing on teaching aspects of multi pitch climbing appropriate to your current skill level, and anything specific that you would like to achieve from the day. It would be ideal for people that single pitch climb and want to progress into multi pitch climbing or those who want to improve their multi pitching skills.  If you have climbed indoors but not outdoors and would like to learn, I could also cater for this.

Ideally I am looking for pairs, however if there are individuals that are interested I could possibly pair you up with another person. 

I am available to following dates:

April: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13
June: 19,20,21,27,28,29,30
July: 1,2,3,4,5,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31
August: 1,2,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16

I also have some Lakes based days available:

April: 18
June: 8,12,13,14,24

If you are interested in organising one or even multiple, please get in touch. Any questions please feel free to ask. You can also contact me by email willtranter@gmail.com.

MCI Trainee - As an MCI trainee I do not , as yet, hold the Mountaineering & Climbing Instructor which is the recognised training qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.

Insurance - I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third party liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.

Thanks for your interest!

Will

https://mt.tahdah.me/profile/index/152202

C Witter 11 Feb 2020
In reply to Will Tranter:

Hi Will,

I notice you're based in Kendal; I'm based in Lancaster. I'm not a novice (leading up to E1), but I've a lot of availability at the moment due to being between jobs. Feel free to drop me a line me if you're ever keen to get out midweek and practice stuff (especially Monday, Wednesday or Thursday).

Chris

Jack Doyle 17 Feb 2020

Hi Will,

I'm in a similar situation to you having done my training last autumn and now looking towards assessment. If you are short a peer to get some days in practising any skills on any days you can't find any actual clients let me know.

I'm in North Wales 1st till 19th of April with only a few partners and mock clients booked in so far...

Hopefully met you on the hills either way and all the best with your preparations this spring and summer.

Cheers

Jack Doyle

Hi Will,

My son and I would like to see what is on offer. We can lead up to S and climb HS/VS. We tend to top rope a lot for convenience in the Peaks. So have not done many lead/2nd climbs. I have done 1 multi pitch at Idwal last year. Can't really remember all the skills since no practice between. I am 58 but reasonably fit, son is 23. Kind of pairing you are looking for?

Can sort dates if you are okay with the experience we have.

- Mitch Squires on tope rope

TommiMorgan 25 Feb 2020

Hi Will,

I'm available for the early dates (I'm in Switzerland July and August). I might be able to sort a partner for some dates but it would be awesome to just rock up and climb as my climbing partners are all just into sport climbing.

I climb sport at around 6a. I Have led traditional single pitch routes up to HVS. I currently climb 3 times a week and that's not set to change. I'm also a Rope Access Climber (IRATA 1) for my job. I'm 33, easy-going and now feel like I'm writing a tinder profile (Mrs would slay me!). Not sure if that profile helps you to potentially pair me with someone you have waiting in the wings but if you need anything else lemme know.

I'd be interested in getting outdoors more, don't have a  partner so you could potentially match me up with some other billy no mates. Done a couple of single pitch  climbs and one multi pitch as a second, never lead trad. Climbing 6a/b on sport as an idea of my level, would be interesting to see how my head deals with trad. 

I'm pretty flexible on dates though weekends are easier to arrange.

andyb211 25 Feb 2020
In reply to TommiMorgan:

My sis says she swiped right!! 

tonyg9241 27 Feb 2020

pm sent

The Potato 28 Feb 2020

I'm currently free for Snowdonia area, only me though so will need a partner 

Hi Will,

I've dropped you a personal message.

Well game for some bits in April though.

Cheers

Hi Will,

I sent you an e-mail about Easter in Snowdonia.

Cheers.

PB

DrJP 05 Mar 2020

Just pm'd you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...