UKC

Partners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 greed178 23 Jun 2019

Hello All 

I am looking for potential people to take scrambling and multi pitch climbing, as practice towards my MCI assessment course.  The climbing day/s would centre around me focusing on teaching specific scrambling and multi pitch climbing techniques as well as tactics for climbing more efficiently both physically and psychological in relation to your personal current climbing level.

I am ideally looking for beginners. However, if there are people interested then it would be possible to pair different people together to make a climbing pair. The climbing sessions would ideally take place in Snowdonia, North wales. However, I would also be interested in conducting session in the Lake District or Peak District.

Dates available: Open to most dates.

If you are interested, please get in touch and we can discuss dates to suit our needs.  My details are as follows:

Mob; 07854562122

Email: 2731reed@armymail.mod.uk

As a MCI trainee I do not hold the MCI qualification for the instruction of the above activities. But I have completed the training course for the above activities , but the training does not constitute a qualification in its own right.

Climbing harnesses, helmets, climbing rack and ropes can be provided by myself.  Climbing shoes may be provided depending on sizes.

Insurance, I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment for the said activities. The topic would be discussed in detail before the activities where undertaken and agreed beforehand.

Kind regards

Garry Reed

ljettoo 25 Jun 2019
In reply to greed178:

Hi Gary,

I've been climbing a fair while, so am not quite a beginner but have only ever stuck to bouldering and sport climbing - I've never even touched trad but I'm now looking to learn. I currently hold a CWI but am looking to try and get an RCI as well, so will have to get a fairly good knowledge of trad before I start that. So I'm basically looking for anyone that can help me out in this department. If you're going to be running any sessions like the ones you detailed I'd love to come along - I work freelance at the moment so am available most of the time. 

Also my younger brother who has been climbing as long as I have is in roughly the same boat and also keen to learn. We're aged 24 and 22 and have always climbed as a pair so we could come along together if that helps.

We're able to travel although we're based in London so the peaks might be a little easier than Snowdonia. Either way though we're both quite keen to make this happen so please give us a message, you can email me at ljettoo@hotmail.co.uk or give me a call on 07726789056 (although I'm currently changing providers so might be a few days before I'm able to take calls!)

thanks!

Lawrence Jettoo

OP greed178 25 Jun 2019

Hi Jettoo:

Yep mate am keen to help you out you’d be helping me just as much. What are you looking to focus on regards Trad? Think about a few thinks you need to focus on and not the things you what! Am guessing your climbing grade is good if your bouldering?  Think about two or three of your weaknesses regards to you climbing and think moving towards your RCI training course. Which there’ll expect you to be sleek at and ropework setting up belays, placing gear on routes etc.

my mob 07854562122 give me a bell or drop me text mate am sure we can come up with some dates and ideas to help you out

Gaz

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...