UKC

Soft or stiff shoes on the board

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hyau23 21 Dec 2019

Hi, 

From your experience does having soft or stiff shoes make a difference on a 35-40 degree board (System board with screw ons)

Climber_Bill 21 Dec 2019
In reply to Hyau23:

Personally I use skwamas when training on a moonboard. I wouldn't want to wear a shoe that was too stiff as it may not allow quick precise placements.

It's probably also a personal thing as well. I'm sure there are those who wear stiffer shoes on a steep board.

Give both a try and see how you feel.

TJB.

bouldery bits 21 Dec 2019
In reply to Hyau23:

Moccs for training. Dragons for sending. 

Juha 22 Dec 2019
In reply to Hyau23:

Hi, 

I have been using a very comfy TC Pros for years on 40deg and 20 deg Moonboars without problems. 

In reply to Hyau23:

I’ve a 30 degree board with screw ons. I’ve got an ancient pair of Boldrinis with the toe rubber gone, which I use exclusively for training. If you’re using domes for footholds, it’s a great core workout. It’s the footwear equivalent of train heavy, climb light. I’ve got a couple of decent pairs for outside.

MischaHY 22 Dec 2019
In reply to Hyau23:

Soft. Save the stiff shoes for the crimpy vert/slightly overhanging. Stiff shoes tend to pop which means more risk of injury from accidentally loading a small hold really hard.

climbingnoob 22 Dec 2019
In reply to Hyau23:

I wear the pinks for absolutely everything! bouldering, sport, slabs, overhanging, normal walls, indoors, outdoors, everything!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...