UKC

New Routes @ AWESOME WALLS

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Dave D 21 Sep 2004
 Andy Farnell 21 Sep 2004
In reply to Dave D: Great news, I'll see you there soon.

Andy F
Dave D 21 Sep 2004
In reply to andy farnell:

Is that because the new routes are in the F5 to F6c range Andy !-) ?

Dave D.
 Andy Farnell 22 Sep 2004
In reply to Dave D: Iwas refering to the Crypt actually Dave

Andy F
Kev Wynne 01 Oct 2004
In reply to Dave D:
>I’d be interested in comments or other ideas for Awesome Walls Climbing Centre that anyone may have (sensible ones please!!!).

Weddings? Funerals?
Stag/hen parties?
Themed climbing days:
- Roman Toga
- Y.M.C.A.
- School Disco
- 60s
- 70s
- 80s
- Shellsuit-only days
- Naturist Climbing
- National Bill Oddie day (there must be one, if there isn't I want to know why.)
- Weak punter open days (Put me down for these)
- Pet Tuesday

Just few ideas.
chalkie 05 Oct 2004
In reply to Dave D: Hi dave, following your efforts to improve the facilities at Awesome we decided to vist the venue. i must say that we were well impressed with the range of good quality routes that have been set. it was also nice to see and use the indoor toilets and the fact that the childrens parties now take place away from the main climbing arena. I must confess that i couldnt see too much imporvement on the lighting but clearly some effort had been made. We thouroughly enjoyed the climbing experience and on a positive note could I suggest that something is done about the groupwork sessions. Certainly on our visit they were poorly supprvised with nose levels above the norm as well as groups walking over ropes etc.
Other than that it was great to re-engage with awesome and we will be using the venue a lot more throughout the winter
stonedonkey 05 Oct 2004
In reply to Dave D: Visited Awesome when it first opened, enjoyed it then but for a variety of reasons didn't return.

Visited again ten days ago. Really appreciated the work put into the wall since then. Been three times in the last week and a half.

The spread of grades is good, as is the accurate grading information at the bottom of each line.

Your trade mark awesome roof, whilst spectacular on a first visit, on reflection might not be the best use of space, considering the majority of clients that use walls.

I reaslise that the roof must have been a massive financial investment, but if you ever think about refurbishing that end of the wall in the future, perhaps something like the cave at Kendal, could turn it into something even more spectacular, and slightly more accessible to a wider range of abilities.

Just a thought.

keep up the good work.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...