UKC

Montane equivalent to Buffalo Special 6 Shirt?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KA 11 Oct 2004
What might it be?
 gear boy 11 Oct 2004
In reply to KA: i think its extreme smock, over the years there has been chonos, epic, and extreme, i think extreme is the one that exists now
jimtheape 11 Oct 2004
In reply to KA: no real idea,

but my montane terra smock is windproof, water resistnat, and generally kicks my goretex's ass
Bill Ford-Smith 12 Oct 2004
In reply to gear boy: I think I saw some much cheapness in R+R a few weeks back...
Groundskeeper Willly 13 Oct 2004
In reply to KA: if i were you mate, i would defo buy the Buffalo top! I own a montane and a buffalo smock, very similar to one another, but Buffalo to me is much better! The seams on the montane are poor, esp. on the sleeves, the fit is dodgy at the back and the crotch strap thingy is just bloody uncomfortable! Compare this with a buffalo - great hard wearing material, good waterproof seams and a great fit! To me Buffalo is the best, don't waste your money on half -price garbage like i did!
Cordy@Uni 21 Oct 2004
In reply to Groundskeeper Willly:

I dont think you're right saying the Extreme smock is 'half price rubbish'. I dont know of anyone else who has ever found that - you dont need to have the crotch strap on all the time either you know! I have a both, but in theory the Extreme should be harder wearing due to the reinforced panels and also, Buffalo's seams are most definately not waterproof!! Why would they be anyway on a non waterproof smock?
Haz 21 Oct 2004
In reply to Groundskeeper Willly:

Never used the Buffalo so i couldn't comment on that but i strongly disagree about the Monatane. Its without doubt the best bit of kit i've ever bought.
 Dave80 21 Oct 2004
In reply to KA: Both bits of kit are really good from what I can tell. I've got a Buffalo and one of my mates has got a Montain. We'll both use them for the same thing and as far as we can tell they both perform as well as each other. The only big difference I can see is that the Montain hood is much better than the Buffalo one but since it fits onto a Buffalo jacket I wouldn't use this as a reason to buy one or t'other since the hoods are extra anyway.

And before anyone says anything about the hoods my Buffalo one is very basic and can be really annoying at times where as the Montain one has a wired peak and I think it might also have volume adjusters.
 Cordy 25 Oct 2004
In reply to Dave80:

Yeah, I'd have to agree about the hood on the Buffalo, I had a lot of trouble getting one to fit both my smock and my head! Eventually Buffalo had to make me one!
The Montane hood is not only a better fit for everyone due to volume adjusters and drawcord at the front, but it also can accomodate a climbing helmet which is pretty good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...