UKC

V12 Outdoor delivery problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SidH 16 Dec 2004
My dad ordered a pair of G12 crampons from V12 (by internet) a week ago last monday. When they hadn't arrived by Monday, we were beginning to worry and phoned them up. They said there must have been a fault in their system, apologised, and said they would send them out that day, to be here the next afternoon. I thought this was a bit optimistic but now they still haven't arrived, I'm wondering whats going on.

Anyone else had problems with them, and what was the outcome?

Cheers,
Si
scotty 16 Dec 2004
In reply to SidH: bought cosmetic second axes on fri 10am online arived mon 9.30am good in my book
 withey 16 Dec 2004
In reply to SidH:

It's Christmas. Everyone is sending ten times as many parcels, and letters as usual. The post will be a bit slower.
V12 Outdoor 17 Dec 2004
In reply to SidH:

Hi SidH,

I'm not one for just letting anything go without response hoping it'll drop of the end of the forums, so thanks for bringing the problem to my attention. Our website's brand new and as far as I know, we've been pretty quick with all the orders so far. However, there may be some teething problems as I've just been through our database and we haven't had an order for G12's over the internet yet (Our site has only been open for 3 weeks now, so it's not too difficult to check). Maybe he (or you) could drop me an email with his phone number and I'll ring him and we can try to iron out some the problems with our site.

We had a problem with delivery recently with G12s ordered over the phone. The postie tried to deliver them on the same week and left a note for the package to be collected, but as the customer had also bought some axes the week previously, he assumed the note was the one from the previous week and didn't pick them up until the following week. Not sure if this was the same gentleman, but he was quite amused when he phoned me to tell me the reason.

Best Regards

Rob Wilson
Shop Manager
OP SidH 17 Dec 2004
In reply to Rob at V12 Outdoor:
Rob,
Thanks for the reply. My dad's phoned again this morning , I believe he spoke to you or someone else in the shop. It's not the same order as the one you mention wit hthe axes.
Si
 Little Brew 17 Dec 2004
In reply to SidH: ordered set of nuts to go to my mom and a set of quick draws to come to me, both were wdeliveed within a week, brill service, love to site, great to navigate, keep it up! no probs from me.

Jess.x
OP SidH 17 Dec 2004
In reply to SidH:
Crampons now arrived, cheers guys.
 Wyddfa 17 Dec 2004
In reply to SidH:

Must say that I've never ordered from the guys over the net or phone, but I'm sure... positive it was a one-off glitch out of their control and they'll stop at nothing to solve any problem.

I always call in when I'm passing for a chat. I've bought most of my gear from V12 and taken countless hours of their time for free advice on everything from alpine routes to cutlery!

Steve.
jubawix 17 Dec 2004
In reply to Wyddfa: Seconded. I ordered Amateur hardcore from them, arrived next day. Great Service, great advice and they're even climbers too. Way better than the crappy service you get from multiples.
Justin 17 Dec 2004
In reply to jubawix:
>I ordered Amateur hardcore from them

As one does, on these lonely winter nights.
noxious 21 Dec 2004
In reply to SidH:
Ordered late Friday evening. Email to confirm order. Then email to confirm when sent, arrived Tuesday morning.
That's fast at the time of year.
I'm happy with them on this occasion.
 KeithWakeley 22 Dec 2004
In reply to noxious:

In reply to noxious:

Ordered some axes 1230 Monday last week. Arrived 0930 Tuesday. Can't complain at that! Great website too...Used to order all my stuff from Needle Sports, I think they have competition now as V12 are certianly on a par so far.

Regards

Keith
Robbie Burns 22 Dec 2004
In reply to jubawix: Also had great advice over the phone from these guys with regards ice axes. They know their stuff and delivery time was fine too, 2 day delivery this close to christmas.....good effort
 twoshoes 23 Dec 2004
In reply to Robbie Burns: I've had top service from them. Rang up, discussed rock boots, palced an order and had them two days later (through the Christmas post). Wasn't sure if the size was right, rang them (yesterday) and they sent me a size up which arrived today, for no extra charge. (I'm currently sitting here with them on my feet and will be sending one of the pairs back tomorrow.)

Awesome service, probably the best I've had anywhere.
 Big Steve 23 Dec 2004
In reply to mistertom: i had to return a cam i brought from them earlier this week as they sent the wrong one, got the right size very quickly afterwards, but a cheque for the return postage would be nice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...