UKC

Sealskinz socks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ann 02 Jan 2005
Just been out today and tested my new
Sealskinz socks-ab fab-I purposely wore my oldest leakiest boots and deliberately walked through some of our boggiest bits of moorland and feet stayed perfectly dry. On taking the boots off I found the outside of the socks were very wet but my feet were not even damp. Get out there and buy some.

Now for a rant. I would buy some of their gloves but like all glove manufacturers they do not make small neat sizes for diddy folk like me, (I'm 5"2'.
So come on Sealkinz (and others) get your act together-I'm fed up of having an unused half inch of glove tip getting in the way.
yoda 03 Jan 2005
In reply to Ann: the new sealskinz gloves do go to tiny sizes.I bought some as a present.Unless of cause you have hands like mini me?
 Bob 03 Jan 2005
In reply to Ann:

Interesting

I have some SealSkinz bike gloves and they are great but not too enamoured with the socks (I was thinking of getting them for winter fell running in snow etc). Anyone used them for this.

Bob
 Paddy Duncan 03 Jan 2005
In reply to Ann: I have some but haven't worn them in anger yet. Did you wear them without liners? They seem pretty rough to me.
ALAN PERT 03 Jan 2005
In reply to Ann: just bought a pair of porelle waterproof socks wore them in my kyak superb
wore them yesterday in the ochil hills blizzard conditions as my only pair of socks in my sm9's feet were very warm and no blisters very impressed
bought on ebay for£7.00 £1.00pp free on 3 or more pairs
cathy murray 03 Jan 2005
In reply to Bob: I've found sealskinz socks v. cosy for winter fell running. Even when you go thro' a river over the top of your socks, they act like a wet suit and keep your feet warm.Only drawbacks I've found are: a: if your toe nails grow you get a hole in the membrane-oops! b:no matter how I wash them, they always stink! c:when they get really wet- as in a mountain marathon, you end up carrying an extra kilo of smelly water around in your shoes.Interestingly, I have an old pair of the gloves,which I find quite cold,and they seem to get v. sweaty and clammy.
Ann 04 Jan 2005
In reply to Paddy Duncan:

I did have a thin pair of liner socks-went out again the following day and found the same great results.
Ann 04 Jan 2005
In reply to ALAN PERT:

Is that the same material as Sealskinz or a rival product-glad to hear you're having a proper winter up North!
Ann 04 Jan 2005
In reply to yoda:

Hi Yoda

thanks for that-I'll check out the extra small sizes -I do have small hands and often buy kids woolly gloves as spares!!
 Cary Grant 05 Jan 2005
In reply to Ann: The gloves are not very warm and the fingers are like little spatulas
CG

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...