UKC

Glue for rock shoe rubber?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Max Gough 07 Jan 2005
I've managed to lift the edge of the rubber where the sole meets the rand on my shoes - anyone know what adhesives are safe to use without either dissolving the rubber or making it go brittle?
 daveforey 07 Jan 2005
In reply to Max Gough:

i've had good results from superglue... keeps knackered boots going for a while longer

dave
 Little Brew 07 Jan 2005
In reply to Max Gough: seam sealent, stuff works well on most things, that and it keeps flexable when dry.

Jess.x
tobym in work 07 Jan 2005
In reply to Max Gough: Or you could try the rubber solution stuff from puncture-repair kits
 Monk 07 Jan 2005
In reply to Max Gough: I've used superglue too.
StonedDeranger 07 Jan 2005
In reply to Max Gough:

I'd second puncture repair kit stuff, not that I've ever tried it. Or maybe evostick. Something flexible. I've used superglue on trainers before and it has the unfortunate property of making your shoes hard and brittle at that point, so they can crack. Then you could probably get away with a little dap.
 CJD 07 Jan 2005
In reply to Max Gough:

I bought some stuff called Shoe Goo for my peeling shoes, and it worked a treat. I think it's intended for sticking skaters 'sneakers' back together so it remains flexible.

Seems to have worked a treat, but, at around £8 a tube (if memory serves correct) it should do! I guess I'll never run out though.
pack 07 Jan 2005
i have a hole in the area just on top of my toes - i used an old inner tube - or piece of - and superglued it on. it seems to work but comes off too quickly after only a few climbs....

anyone with any ideas on that?
Clach na Benn 07 Jan 2005
In reply to pack: Inner tube never sticks very well use a puncture patch.
 daveforey 07 Jan 2005
In reply to tobym in work:

i tried the vulcanised rubber solution from a puncture repair kit once, it seemed a very logical thing to use..

it was crap! stuck for about a day, then came off again.

superglue is the way forward.

dave
 sutty 07 Jan 2005
In reply to Max Gough:

Woolies sells tubes of glue to stick soles back on, rubber solution so try that. Evostick is another thing we used to use to patch our EBs when they got holes in them, you can use it to put a patch of chamois leather on so you have something to wipe damp feet on when moving off ledges.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...